Look at this mess

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took your advice (see... i really do! lol )
put what's remaining in new HCL, and i just happen to have a machine that makes oxygen... i got it bubblin though it now...

lets see what comes of it shall we? :)
Pure Oxygen might put Gold in solution too.
Test it with Stannous when finished.
Ordinary air is sufficient.

This seems like the long way around of finding how to work with AP. But, it is the simple way and it often sticks in our minds easier. At least for some of us.

Another picture will be nice when you see any major changes in the material.

👍

This seems like the long way around of finding how to work with AP. But, it is the simple way and it often sticks in our minds easier. At least for some of us.

Another picture will be nice when you see any major changes in the material.

👍
this is just HCL...

Hello bro you can learn don't worry and mistake is base of learning so......
I recommande to reading CM HOOK BOOK.
There's 3 years old ago I'm broken TV radio all DEEE now I'm running 10 15 kg of gold by weeck and maybe 100kg of silver.
If you want , you can !
Just do it bro .

Hello bro you can learn don't worry and mistake is base of learning so......
I recommande to reading CM HOOK BOOK.
There's 3 years old ago I'm broken TV radio all DEEE now I'm running 10 15 kg of gold by weeck and maybe 100kg of silver.
If you want , you can !
Just do it bro .
How do you come up with the material for that kind of refining? :eek:

Keep in mind on gold filled watches, that generally the case, clasp and caps on the band segments are gold filled. The band segments themselves are usually steel - as are often the backs.

Keep in mind on gold filled watches, that generally the case, clasp and caps on the band segments are gold filled. The band segments themselves are usually steel - as are often the backs.
funny thing.... the best gold i got from this watch was from the face... beautiful shards of 18k... the band was a mix of copper and 18k plated... actually screwed everything up. Though i wasn't really expecting a result here... the amount of real gold was tiny... i just wanted to see if i could separate it from the base material because it was very reactive to HCL...

admittedly, i wish i separated the gold from what i got from the face from the band and made a tiny bead from that... i just tossed it all in the bunch ffs... All i did was create the title of this thread... Just a bloody mess

Check these out! I purchased them thru wish. The app with all the cheap Chinese products. Take a ton of time to get here and most of the time it's really cheap stuff but I thought these were cool. Comes in a variety of metals.

Attachments

• 16791235590378005953524791435406.jpg
    16791235590378005953524791435406.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Check these out! I purchased them thru wish. The app with all the cheap Chinese products. Take a ton of time to get here and most of the time it's really cheap stuff but I thought these were cool. Comes in a variety of metals.
Stamp'd with its elemental flavor too... thats pretty sweet

got a link?

Check out what I found on Wish!
URL unfurl="true"]https://dl.wish.com/QZU2F[/URL

This one is the silver one. But the app is called wish. And it's fairly cheap.

Edit by Moderator.
Do not use links here, if you have a picture that is Ok, but links no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out what I found on Wish!
URL unfurl="true"]https://dl.wish.com/QZU2F[/URL

This one is the silver one. But the app is called wish. And it's fairly cheap.

Edit by Moderator.
Do not use links here, if you have a picture that is Ok, but links no.
PM maybe?

and more pics>?

No it does not. But if you bubble air through it it will, as it becomes a Cupric Chloride leach.
Hello,

I couldn't resist to learn more on this,

1, Is it also possible that if if have an air bubbler in the tank, the HCl may also be allowed to dissolve some gold particles as well because of the oxidation?
2, How long can the CuCl2 be stored and how do we know if it has lost its strength in terms of performance and that we may need to make newer batch of the same.
3, what are its storage conditions? Like sealed? slightly open? fully open?
4, If we use a 6-12% peroxide in the solution other than a bubbler, would it be the same, less or more effective?

Hello,

I couldn't resist to learn more on this,

1, Is it also possible that if if have an air bubbler in the tank, the HCl may also be allowed to dissolve some gold particles as well because of the oxidation?
2, How long can the CuCl2 be stored and how do we know if it has lost its strength in terms of performance and that we may need to make newer batch of the same.
3, what are its storage conditions? Like sealed? slightly open? fully open?
4, If we use a 6-12% peroxide in the solution other than a bubbler, would it be the same, less or more effective?
In short, practical said, no it will not dissolve Gold. In real world it may dissolve minute amounts but not enough to be concerned.
Do not use strong Peroxide, it will dissolve Gold.

The rest, search the forum, there are literally thousands of posts regarding Cupric Chloride leaching and maintaining the same.

The rest, search the forum, there are literally thousands of posts regarding Cupric Chloride leaching and maintaining the same.
Yeah, im going through the forum looking for the same.
Do not use strong Peroxide, it will dissolve Gold.
I remember you telling me of it before, but really what is the maximum conc. suggested for this process. I've got 30% so I'll have to see its best dilution. All the more going through these other posts to learn..

Yeah, im going through the forum looking for the same.

I remember you telling me of it before, but really what is the maximum conc. suggested for this process. I've got 30% so I'll have to see its best dilution. All the more going through these other posts to learn..
Simply don’t use it. Use a bubbler!

Back