• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a socal Partner for processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trdking

I have lots of stuff to play with but no knowledge I have lots of gold plated everything. Want to come play for a split? Let me know

I have lots of stuff to play with but no knowledge I have lots of gold plated everything. Want to come play for a split? Let me know
What's your location? I don't mind helping ya out. But first how much stuff do u got? 2nd Do you have glassware and everything you need or you still need to get all that stuff? 3rd Do you have a place to do this at?

What's your location? I don't mind helping ya out. But first how much stuff do u got? 2nd Do you have glassware and everything you need or you still need to get all that stuff? 3rd Do you have a place to do this at?
I have 11000 pounds of board fingers and anything you want to process. I am sure you will find something to tackle. I have nothing as far as process gear. Im in santa fe springs I have a warehouse. Let me know?

Yes of course, But the reason why I want to process is to see if there is better value in processing vs. what I sell scrap for. How much do you need of what type of product?
Unless you have very deep pockets and intend to invest heavily in a large industrial complex.
You would be wise to take what you can get and get out fast.
Small-scale electronic processing is a hobby and not finically viable.

I have better than ram fingers I have server power supply trimmings How many pounds you looking for? Good luck on 90s server boards They are hens teeth now. Somewhere in the warehouse I have 2K Pounds of old phone system boards from the early 80s Been looking for those

Yes of course, But the reason why I want to process is to see if there is better value in processing vs. what I sell scrap for. How much do you need of what type of product?
In your position and with your objective, I’d do the following:

1. Decide how exactly to extract gold from scrap. This is VERY important because chemicals can be quite expensive (depending on process you choose).

2. Identify the toxic waste materials that are created by gold extraction process. Find out how to safely dispose of them and any associated cost.

3. Tally cost of chemicals, equipment, and safety gear required for chosen gold extraction process.

4. With the assistance of an experienced person, pull small samples from waste. Extract gold from samples.

With the above, you’ll have enough info to do a cost/benefit analysis. Will you make a profit? If so, how much? Is the profit worth your time, cost, risk to personal safety.

I’d love to see some pictures of the categories of materials you’re talking about, sounds like a gold mine…

In my honest opinion you either sell as is or learn a few simple processes to recover the values yourself.
If you have a few lidded buckets and can afford a couple of aquarium air pumps and a few gallons of HCl you can run fingers and plated boards, this is the AP process, this is the easiest and cheapest way to start and should give you the confidence to try other more complicated processes which are all fully documented here on the forum.
What I’m outlining is recovery processes not refining but that isn’t much more difficult but will require more specialized and costly equipment depending on which route you decide to go.

In my honest opinion you either sell as is or learn a few simple processes to recover the values yourself.
If you have a few lidded buckets and can afford a couple of aquarium air pumps and a few gallons of HCl you can run fingers and plated boards, this is the AP process, this is the easiest and cheapest way to start and should give you the confidence to try other more complicated processes which are all fully documented here on the forum.
What I’m outlining is recovery processes not refining but that isn’t much more difficult but will require more specialized and costly equipment depending on which route you decide to go.
I have read a bunch on recovery but I lack time. If noone is interested I will keep doing what Im doing. It does work, I average 50 oz of gold in 10 to 12 K pounds of misc board. The self recovery process just intrigues me CHeers!

Attachments

• IMG_4172.jpg
    IMG_4172.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4175.jpeg
    IMG_4175.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4177.jpeg
    IMG_4177.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4180.jpeg
    IMG_4180.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 25
  • phone board.jpeg
    phone board.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 27
Regarding the chips in the third pic, are you willing to sell any? If so, how much for a kilo? If you don't mind answering, where do you get all the scrap, what was the weight and how much did you pay? Lastly, how much gold are you expecting out of all of this? Thank you!

Regarding the chips in the third pic, are you willing to sell any? If so, how much for a kilo? If you don't mind answering, where do you get all the scrap, what was the weight and how much did you pay? Lastly, how much gold are you expecting out of all of this? Thank you!
I am a Low voltage contractor that works for VARs I collect ewaste from my clients and take it apart or resell the box once I shred the hard drives. THat is where I get all of my scrap. THe loose chips came from an aerospace contractor that relocated and lighten their load. I have 2 4x4x4 feet gaylords of these chips in my San Diego office. That is why I am looking for someone to process them. I have no idea the expectation of what kind of recovery comes from these chips and the processors wont tell me. Hope that answers your questions? Cheers

Back