• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for Gold buyer/refinery in Europe

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, new to this site

I’m located in London, but have access to a Gold mining site in west Africa and can get 10-20kg of gold monthly.

Happy to start a discussion with a reliable contact or any good buyer recommendation ?

Cheers

stella polaris said:
I might be interested.
1. Can you send a sample?
2. Can you deliver duty free?
It’s been tested locally, so we are sure it’s 23.5 plus.
Can probably get my contact to deliver a sample that would be paid for on delivery.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried to contact the department of industry to ascertain the new criteria for imports?
As we are going through the Exit of Europe?
If you had, you would know they do not have a clue as to any new advice.
All imports must have the proper paper work to prove ethical sourcing, but they have not decided on the appropriate agencies to oversee such documentation.
Importing from any country with ethical concerns was a nightmare and just about impossible without very deep pockets when we just had to wade through the Brussels Eurocracy.
It has become pretty much just legally impossible until they have worked out the finer details on our new trade agreements.

justinhcase said:
Have you tried to contact the department of industry to ascertain the new criteria for imports?
All imports must have the proper paper work to prove ethical sourcing, but they have not decided on the appropriate agencies to oversee such documentation.
Importing from any country with ethical concerns was a nightmare and just about impossible without very deep pockets when we just had to wade through the Brussels Eurocracy.
It has become pretty much just legally impossible until they have worked out the finer details on our new trade agreements.
Got about 600gram sample on my last trip, had export papers/trade papers from my source and had zero issues at custom. Now I haven’t tried larger quantity but plan to take it a step at a time.

My local source also said they can send it through central bank etc but I think that would be too complex for now.

So For now face to face transaction as long as spot price and quality can be check on the spot. I’m good.

Cheers

IMG_1115.jpg

charlesoladapo said:
stella polaris said:
I might be interested.
Can probably get my contact to deliver a sample that would be paid for on delivery.

Cheers

I only need 0,2 gram for a depleted gold test. This in order to see purity and what kind of impurities there are. Pay out according to result. Easiest is just to send the sample with mail since it is so little.

Please give me your contact info so i can send over mine.

Ps: Can you get hold of Tantal?

stella polaris said:
charlesoladapo said:
stella polaris said:
I might be interested.

Cheers

I only need 0,2 gram for a depleted gold test. This in order to see purity and what kind of impurities there are. Pay out according to result. Easiest is just to send the sample with mail since it is so little.

Please give me your contact info so i can send over mine.

Ps: Can you get hold of Tantal?
Check your msg

charlesoladapo said:
justinhcase said:
Got about 600gram sample on my last trip, had export papers/trade papers from my source and had zero issues at custom. Now I haven’t tried larger quantity but plan to take it a step at a time.

My local source also said they can send it through central bank etc but I think that would be too complex for now.

So For now face to face transaction as long as spot price and quality can be check on the spot. I’m good.

Cheers

IMG_1115.jpg

Did you have to pay VAT as it is an unpure alloy?
What "Trade Papers" exactly.
Communauté Économique des États, A.E.C. ?

justinhcase said:
charlesoladapo said:
justinhcase said:

Cheers

IMG_1115.jpg

Got export papers to take them out of the country of origin to show taxes have been paid and everything is legal and my local contact have trade Licence so zero issue from source I was stopped on my way out and I showed them to papers and everything was fine and on arrival to the UK no one asked me anything, also note before I got to the UK traveled through two other countries checked in and out and no one asked me anything. It could basically be because of the quantity wasn’t that much and for now don’t plan traveling with more than 2kg to start will continue to carry out more research and get some advice on this.

IMG_1120.jpg

charlesoladapo said:
justinhcase said:
charlesoladapo said:
justinhcase said:

Cheers

IMG_1115.jpg

Got export papers to take them out of the country of origin to show taxes have been paid and everything is legal and my local contact have trade Licence so zero issue from source I was stopped on my way out and I showed them to papers and everything was fine and on arrival to the UK no one asked me anything, also note before I got to the UK traveled through two other countries checked in and out and no one asked me anything. It could basically be because of the quantity wasn’t that much and for now don’t plan traveling with more than 2kg to start will continue to carry out more research and get some advice on this.

IMG_1120.jpg

Well I do not understand your problem?
You have managed to import gold without paying any of the perquisite duties,(Impure gold normally attracts a 20% import duty across the board)
And are in London.
Simply walk down to Hatton Gardens.
I can recommend Hatton garden metals, or Pressman Bullion.
Both will liquidate your alloy at the standard trade rate without any fuss.

Last time I went from UK to Sweden I was stopped at every security check, the 35 grams of gold I had in my baggage showed up on the x-ray. :mrgreen:

And this was before brexit.

Göran

Well one solution would be to phone customs and excise and ask what the regulations are, they are normally very helpful and should be able to explain how to bring the metal legally into the country, it’s probable that if you speak to a large refiner they can also advise you, it would be a lot safer than trying to smuggle it in which could end with you in trouble and liable to hefty fines and looking at the amounts probably a prison sentence.
I would imagine that if the metal is destined to go directly to the refinery with full paperwork and transparency then they would have an arrangement to allow that to happen without duty but as I said check it out.

Thanks nickvc, been doing some research guess I was lucky in my first trial.

Basically if I can get a refinery that can accept it Delivered duty unpaid option available on custom website and at 99% spot price. if it going to a refinery that turn it to a .995 purity at that point it now a investment gold they may not have to even pay VAT and if they are making it into jewelry they have to pay and can pass on the VAT to their customers.

Anyone with experience selling directly to a refinery ?

Cheers

Speak to Baird and Co they are in London so nice and close, they should advise you on the necessary paperwork etc to allow smooth progress of the gold through customs and make sure you have all the i,s dotted and t,s crossed, they process a lot of gold so should be in a good position to help you and will have a good relationship with the necessary agencies who will have oversight on your process.

Am I the only one who is asked to guarantee my material comes from an ethical source?
I was contacted a few years back by a company from Germany asking quite intrusive questions about my operation.
I thought they were fishing for information because of the language barrier.
Turned out they were an I.C. manufacturer with a rather overzealous ethical procurement policy and had gone to the trouble to check every source listed on the gold paper work.
I had no idea the records were so detailed.
So far I have had ten or so people with supposed access to African gold and have made a number of attempts to unravel the impost system.
It is not as black and white as you would hope.
With a number of refinery operators serving significant jail terms for liquidating assets of an unethical nature worldwide.
Who is willing to wade through the minefield for the possibility of a percentage latter on?

Justin hence my comments about dotting the I,s and crossing the t,s , governments now require clear detailed proof of provenance of many valuable commodities including gold to avoid the scandals that has shaken many large companies including some large refineries around Europe.

Back