Montreal search

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Number_Five

Hi everyone.
I have just started my gold recovery adventures. Unfortunately, just like most noobies, i am struggling to fing affordable scrap parts. I live in the greater Montreal area in Canada. Does anyone know any scrap yard i can go scavenge around here? I found a lot of places that accept scrap, but none that sell. Thanks to everyone in advance!

This will require lots of effort and leg work. Make a flyer of what your services are
like "free pickup", hard drive wiping or what you perceive your value add to be.
Advertise locally on Next Door, Craigslist and see what happens. Network with
friends and family. Let them know what you are looking for.

That's the easy part. Do you have buyers for the things that computer recycling
generates like steel, aluminum, wire, boards, memory, etc? That's where you
will offset your costs and labor as you are chasing after gold bearing scrap.
I make the greatest "profit" by testing and selling for reuse what works but
many don't know how or prefer not to do that.

Good luck in your endeavor. It's hard work but with effort it can be profitable. 8)

Number-Five
Look on GCSurplus. It’s the federal gov surplus website. They sell a lot of old equipment. RESEARCH! and you can get some great scrap sources. Buy based on the scrap metal value.That pays the bills. Pcb s and other material is your bonus/profit.

My, you have a lot of gold mines around you.
Collect scrap if it is there, but you also have a wealth of gold in the wild.
I do not have a choice but to urban mine, as the nearest profitable mine is about two thousand miles away on the continent.
I would like to have the opportunity to work with the richer waste produced by such mines.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mines_in_Quebec

Scrap yards in Quebec are aware of the scrap value from ewaste and no one will let you dig in the tin pile. Simply too risky to have you break a leg or die on the property for little profit.

I have small pick up requests a bit too small for us to do, I can send them your way. Mostly in the montreal area, Laval & south shore.. That could bring a few hundreds a week..

Interested in buying the scrap you generate too. Non ferrous , electronic scrap, precious metals, let me bid on what you have and hit me up if you want free pickups...

Back