muriatic acid question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ettran

does anyone know the difference of the two muriatic from home depot ? does the one in the green lable one not work for AP process , when the blue label one works fine ? the green lable says less fumes. I think it is less workabable , ed.

The "green" versions are usually a lower concentration and have added chemicals that make them "green", but that we don't want in our processes. If the blue label works for you, keep using it.

Dave

hi all , I tried with the blue lable again and got same results , no good.So I went to a masonry store and got another type of muriatic acid to test.will post results.the old acids I used from home depot with different labels seem to be the same stuff,just different labels,so I guess bad labeling. cost at home depot and loes is $9.95 per gallon with no % marking,new bottle frm masonry store is 31.5 %. I think I am on the right path, ed.

You can also look up Acid Magic which is also hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid) friendly meaning that it is 90% fumeless and won't burn your skin on contact, I know because I accidently spill some on my leg and I didn't even feel no burning pain at all. It has some kind of buffer in it that makes it very safe to use and it's at full strength too, I got a gallon of it on ebay can't remember the price of it but it's not expensive either.

Back