muriatic/clorox droping with smb

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
patnor1011 said:
For first 20 oz you need to process 40-45,000 kilo of that ore... I hope that she deserve that :lol:

Man, its in a whole new light when you put it like that. Seems some serious machinery would be needed.

At 90 percent of spot you would earn about 18000.00 if you could process 25 kilo an hour that would take 1800 hours so you could earn before taxes and expenses 10.00 an hour.
Now if you have large machinery you will obviously be better off, but this does not count buying chemicals and paying for the entire US healthcare, heee, heee.

Jim

:lol: :lol:
Nice girl indeed!
You would do best by running some small samples using several different processes to determine your best extraction ratios.

Mark

many miners mining even very rich ore could just hope to feed themselves, striking a claim to sell to those with capital, heck the guy making tents, or selling shovels to those breaking their backs in the gold fields made a better living. but don't try and tell a miner with gold fever his mine is not gonna make him rich. there is money in them thar hills but dam its expensive hard work. many rich mines did not run out of gold, it is still there, just was more profitable to invest money or energy in other things, or the goverment shut it down or no labor to get the job done, or price of metal not worth it.
I am not trying to discourage you, just if you do this it helps to find out before getting buried in the mine and find out if I would have assayed would be ontop.

I've said my piece, but from reading the follow-up------this gentleman needs to stop what the hell he's doing and start from scratch. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, not so much as even understanding what stannous chloride is, or what its purpose is.

Working blindly is one of the poorest methods I can think of. All too much effort is dedicated towards something that may not have a prayer.

Were this my project, I wouldn't turn a shovel of dirt before having a few assays run, to insure I am working for a reason, then I'd get a firm understanding of what I was doing before I started doing it.

I would also suggest that if you can't spell stannous (it is not stanis), you likely are over your head with a subject that will require far more in the way of ability than you are displaying at the moment.

Get an assay.
Learn when and how to use stannous chloride.
Learn how to recognize what it tells you when you use if for testing.

Sorry, I do not mean to be rude, but you need a wakeup call------otherwise you're going to spend every dime you have for nothing.

A comment here. I have commented, time and again, that the worst people I ever encountered in my years of commercial refining of precious metals were prospectors. They tend to be the least informed, and have the most ambitious of expectations, generally unreasonable and unrealized. Gold fever is a terrible sickness.

Harold

He must have at least one assay, he states that it assayed at .5oz per ton.
My point was, sell the ore, let someone else deal with all that, take the royalties or whatever deal you get. Then go enjoy life.

Must be my laziness showing, since I would not work any type of hard rock material because there is way too many ways to die and its
way to PHYSICAL for me.

Jim

james122964 said:
He must have at least one assay, he states that it assayed at .5oz per ton.
What troubles me by that is there are successful mines that are processing ores that yield so much less-----down as low as 1/10 oz/ton--------yet this find goes unnoticed? In Colorado, which is known for gold production?

Could be---but I have my doubts.

Question. Was the assay a highgrade? Does it represent the deposit fairly? If one must move ten tons of rock to extract one ton of rock, you can divide the assay by ten, meaning it's not likely to be profitable unless it can be handled in huge volumes, which certainly eliminates a pick and shove.

Harold

Here is another item you need to address.

Proper sampling of your ore bodiy. It is very easy to get one rich piece of rock, along with very low value rock, in your sample, if you hand picked your samples. This could mean that the sample is not a good representation of the ore body.

Also, you need to have multiple samples from different areas, to determine the extent and richness of the ore body. This will give you a better idea, of the type and grade of your ore.

Check out the posts of richard36, or search sampling, and assaying.

Not trying to discourage you, but these are very important things to consider before proceding.

Good luck, Gorfman

my assay was 0.56 oz per ton... cost me 30 bucks and was done by a pro. he also did a xray thing that told us about a lot of the other things that are in the ore .. he was even able to tell me that one of the balls in the ball mill was a ball bearing because chromium had been detected.

for my assay I ran about 100 pounds of ore through the ball mill takeing a sample every 5 pounds and then mixed all the samples together. and gave the assayer 200 grams.

the rocks that I use from the disovery ledge inculded some of every rock type that was there .

some were mostly quartz some pyrite and some mica and some a mix of all.

in my area the gold ocures with mica pyrite and quartz.. formed in a hydrothermaly modified granite vein that can be 80 feet thick the ore veins ocure in side the host vein in a layered and mostly parallel fashion 1 to 12 ft thick.

Befor some one wines about pyrite being fools gold you might want to google pyuretic gold ore in gilpin county colorado... also look up the Bates Hunter mine in the same county and the cash mine in boulder county .
and if you want to see what my ore looks like , look up the hydee mine . It has the exact same ore as I have..
the hydee is mainly a tourist mine but in the off season thay do pull out some ore.. they are now working on a vein that assays at 3 oz per ton .

the trouble with my assay is I could have tossed in a rock with a nugget, and messed up the whole thing.
thats why I have an intrest in doing acid washing to concentrat and test.

I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY MORE ORE RUNS WITH OUT A STANNOUS TEST KIT.

my first runs were just to work out the phisics of the plumbing and such

I have invented a new type of floatation column and will be testing it soon. it will have a byproduct that could be used for many things. not to mention it could be used for cleaning and revegitating tailing piles in the area.

there are a lot of small scale miners in the area that are using mercury and some are useing cyinide.
if I can fine tune my column and show it to the guys still using mercury and cyinide perhaps I can get them to make a good change.

now I have to go and make my testing stannous... thanks BRYAN

To solarsmith, best of luck in your project. Please remember all the replies were in good faith, to help you overcome your obstacles, and to help to guide you in some processes, in which you might or might not be aqainted with.

The more information you can give at the start of a thread, the easier it will be for some of the respected members of the Forum, to offer their advice, and or troubleshoot for you.

I'm sure everyone on this Forum, wishes you only the best in your quest for a new driveway :lol:

Spend some time reading and searching this Forum, the knowledge here runs a very high grade, hopefully like your vein.

Gorfman

solarsmith said:
I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY MORE ORE RUNS WITH OUT A STANNOUS TEST KIT.
Good man! Once you see the value, you won't look back.

Be sure you read Hoke. You will gain a serious amount of knowledge where testing is concerned. It's truly the key to knowing where you are in your operation, once you have the values in solution.

if I can fine tune my column and show it to the guys still using mercury and cyinide perhaps I can get them to make a good change.
Heh! If your deposit is anything like the ore I processed (from Colorado) many years ago, they are spitting in the wind. It was a gold complex that wouldn't amalgamate, and wouldn't respond to cyanide until I introduced bromine.

I wish you the greatest success with your process. Just remember, what works for one ore may not work for another.

Harold

A picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say!

Is that tunnel literally within your living area? How much development is near you?

This whole thing is insane, but highly fascinating! :)

Share as much information as you can. I'll read with interest.

Harold

edit: corrected word to reflect intended meaning.

Hi Solarsmith, Have you tried a gravity or table seperation test on a coarser grind say -20 mesh? if the ore is mostly free milling you'll be saving a whole heap of bother, especially if the pyrite % is low.

pyrite Iron is usually associated with gold and other metals, just as in our chemical solution's the earth also makes these chemical and electrical reactions, from its metals and acids, and heat

I would make sure your timbers in that mine will hold the mountain where you wanted it.

good luck.

explaining the pic of the mine...

its not a tunnel (YET) its a trench with a plywood over the top so I can dig in the rain..
the rock on the cart was about 300 lbs and mostly ore with quartz . I do have a lot of experiance diging under ground. mostly in a national park! (legally) I will not be working under rocks with out a bomb proof roof suport.. the stuff in the picture is only to hold up the plywood rain sheild...and some warming lights.

Im thinking my smb might be old so I will try a new batch in the next day or so.

I made a test solution of gold foils muratic and chlorox .

and then used my new stanous on it and got a nice pastel purple splotch on papper and in the spot plate.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx177/solarsmith2000/firststanoustest.jpg

more tomorow...

looks like the fresh smb works.. I tested it on some computer foils in muratic chlorox .
no good results on the first run of ore.. Im suspecting a sulfide problem. Is it blocking the stannous?
next batch of concentrate I will do a roast. thanks for all help and coments. BRYAN

the old mills of the 1800s and latter all ran reverbatory furnaces... was this for the sulfides?

I still have plenty for testing ... thanks BRYAN

Latest posts

Back