My Humble Thank You to ALL of You

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxidized

:D HELLO ALL

I am a technical new member to this forum but have much thanks to hand out in consideration that I have been creepy enough to have been reading and participating by advice of this forum for sometime now. Enough time that I have collected multiples of electronic scraps even items such as entire computers from the early 1980's to present. I have not begun the spinning of chemical mixtures although I have put to practice all the advices of storage of the chemicals I have collected.

My very shop has been built from the advice of the veteran advisors of this forum. I wanted to reach out with my first formal Thank you to you all for your mistakes, your blunders, all the advices given to the recovery of precious metals.

I am positive there are many out there like minded that are so preoccupied with life that they had not jumped to making a membership yet but be very aware there are potential members always watching and reading the behaviors and attitudes positive and the contrary and this greatly affects the days of those you may not know you affect. I appreciate this well built community and all its effects.

My personal favorite that I am currently in the process of following would be a recent ( to many times seen ) suggestion to read C.M. Hokes Refining of Precious Metals. I am currently through the second time reading this book and although I hardly remember anything of than the many many notes I've written to follow it along, it has been amazing to see how far the world I was so very apart of and had no idea that I was, changed so much so recently that you all remained professionals in your fields of practice. I tip my hat to you all. I have been but a carpenter my whole life, yes since childhood, or at least the mild-mannered apprentice of One in particular I know as Grandmother lol but this metal field world and all it has to offer lead me with great interest here today finally as a member and many days before as a wanderer of sorts who finally wanted to walk in and say hello to you all that have provided me with nothing else if a hobby I could see myself participating in up until the day I depart and for that again I would like to say Thank You and I hope to get to know this forum and the metal masters that may help every person here and the like lead with there most wise foot and not the stupid one if it can be helped lol

My Kindest Regards,
Travis aka Oxidized

Travis welcome to the forum.
You seem to be well on your way to become a competent recoverer and refiner.
In my mind those are two separate arts and recovery by far the hardest to master but by reading and hopefully understanding Miss Hokes book will give you a head start, unfortunately e scrap did not exist when she wrote her books but much of the chemistry we use is covered even if not obviously.
Take your time and start small and slow and remember you can’t lose your values if you don’t throw them away.
Good luck and I’m sure I speak for most contributors when I say I look forward to your progress and keep us informed or ask questions if something just doesn’t make sense, we have all been there!

Back