Need a little help.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zeedest, if you do not know how to test your solutions, then you know less about gold recovery and refining than most high school chemistry students.

Put your toys away! Now!

Read Hoke. Read Hoke again. Read Hoke again. When you begin to understand the techniques she teaches, then ask questions. Please note the Hoke wrote her book many decades ago. Both safety and some procedures have changed since then. Adapt to current standards.

Study the small scale experiments Hoke walks you through. Note the expected results before performing them. Write down any questions you may have.

Perform the experiments. Were the results as expected? Why? Continue the experiments until you understand the expected results, why they happen, and why they may not happen.

Once you have done all the experiments found in Hoke several times, then you may be ready to perform more complex procedures.

When you can demonstrate you actually know more about gold recovery and refining than my 13 year old granddaughter, then I will answer what questions I can.

Yes, I am blunt and rude. Thank you for noticing.

Time for more coffee.

Zeedest, if you do not know how to test your solutions, then you know less about gold recovery and refining than most high school chemistry students.

Put your toys away! Now!

Read Hoke. Read Hoke again. Read Hoke again. When you begin to understand the techniques she teaches, then ask questions. Please note the Hoke wrote her book many decades ago. Both safety and some procedures have changed since then. Adapt to current standards.

Study the small scale experiments Hoke walks you through. Note the expected results before performing them. Write down any questions you may have.

Perform the experiments. Were the results as expected? Why? Continue the experiments until you understand the expected results, why they happen, and why they may not happen.

Once you have done all the experiments found in Hoke several times, then you may be ready to perform more complex procedures.

When you can demonstrate you actually know more about gold recovery and refining than my 13 year old granddaughter, then I will answer what questions I can.

Yes, I am blunt and rude. Thank you for noticing.

Time for more coffee.
Ok i wont ask anything anymore.

Zeedest,

As i read, you try to rush things...believe me or not, it is wrong to have the carriage before the horses....That being said, i agree with Elemental and the others...people here try to help you, you don't need to be upset...they have literally 10's of years experience in this matter.
If you do not have(because of laws) chemical substances in your country, you can buy houshold grade chemicals that you can work with, less concentration, longer process times but safer than the hardcore chemicals.
Hoke's book is a must, you will find it on this forum or on google, amzon...invest in knowledge first and keep it close, it is helping you on the way too.
Dont be afraid to aknoledge when you are wrong, the forum members are here to help, but they can only do that if you provide enough data to work with.

Be safe,

Pete.

Back