Need help!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericlopezjr

I have this 358 gram gold lead tip of my smelted gold and wanted to know how to cuppulate d it since its so big should I just put it in the crucible or melting dish and torch it until it turns into a gold button of pure gold or what should I do it and how please

If you have a lead-gold composition, it should be heated with bone ash or cement, that will remove the lead as oxide

Heated with bone ash as Lino said means in a bone ash cupel.
Watch https://youtube.com/user/mbmmllc to get familiar with how cupelling is done.

Martijn.

If you have a lead-gold composition, it should be heated with bone ash or cement, that will remove the lead as oxide
Martijn, When you write "cement", do you mean portland cement? Can you make a cupel out of cement and it will respond the same as a bone ash cupel dish? tnx in advance

Martijn, When you write "cement", do you mean portland cement? Can you make a cupel out of cement and it will respond the same as a bone ash cupel dish? tnx in advance
It was Lino who posted that but yes Portland cement will work I believe.

Back