neewb needs some info

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killergibbo

hi to all those that read this and yes it my first post...

ok iv been looking into all this stuff now for abour 4 months

i have been reading this book 'Refining Precious Metal Wastes C.M. Hoke' for about 4 days now

and my mind is lost....

i understznd how to remove all the unwanted metals from the gold using Nitric acid,but what i cant get my head around is what happen after iv used Aqua regia.

its clear all the gold will turn into something but what is my next step....iv tryed looking at goldrecovery videos website but the videos dont load and am using firefox and iv download the plugins but it just stays saying buffing all the time and dont play any video....

so now am pretty lost....maybe what i think i need to do is wrong but if some can tell me what to do once iv removed all the unwanted metals from the gold that would be great....also how is the powder foamed once Aqua regia is used?do you leave the aqua to just dry up or am i totally wrong again lol

cheers guys

If you have all of your base metals removed and your original gold filtered you can disolve it in aqua regia or HCL/Clorox(HCL/CL) is more user friendly. Te get the gold back out of solution you use Sodium Meatabisulfite to drop the gold as a brown powder.

What kind of material are you trying to process? E-scrap, karat gold, plated items?

at the moment am just looking into it all....but am think e-scrap and gold plated stuff...

like i said my main problem is the evaporating the nitric acid,then recovering the gold

there is a easy simple answer to this,if i was able to view them videos maybe i would understand more

killergibbo said:
at the moment am just looking into it all....but am think e-scrap and gold plated stuff...

like i said my main problem is the evaporating the nitric acid,then recovering the gold

there is a easy simple answer to this,if i was able to view them videos maybe i would understand more

See if these 2 links will clear stuff up for you some.

http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5007

http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6026

Latest posts

Back