New Claim Today

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southfork

We were getting ready for the next storm a trip to town for propane and gasoline for the generators. The light rain that was falling quit, so my son went out to the claim to finish detecting a pile of red dirt. This piece of quartz vein material was laying on bedrock covered in mud the detector was screaming. But you couldn't see any gold or anything else stuck it in his bag and headed for home. I cleaned the sample with soap and warm water it's loaded with gold the rock weighed 200 grams.

Attachments

• P1031699.JPG
    P1031699.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • P1031700.JPG
    P1031700.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • P1031701.JPG
    P1031701.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • P1031695.JPG
    P1031695.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • P1031696.JPG
    P1031696.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • P1031697.JPG
    P1031697.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • P1031698.JPG
    P1031698.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
We were getting ready for the next storm a trip to town for propane and gasoline for the generators. The light rain that was falling quit, so my son went out to the claim to finish detecting a pile of red dirt. This piece of quartz vein material was laying on bedrock covered in mud the detector was screaming. But you couldn't see any gold or anything else stuck it in his bag and headed for home. I cleaned the sample with soap and warm water it's loaded with gold the rock weighed 200 grams.
Rust-streaked mineralized quartz. One of the tell-tale signs of weathered sulfides, and a significant marker for potential gold. And sure enough, there it is! A fantastic find.

Rust-streaked mineralized quartz. One of the tell-tale signs of weathered sulfides, and a significant marker for potential gold. And sure enough, there it is! A fantastic find.
We crushed it by hand mortar and pestle 8 grams of free gold the fines need to be crushed again to recover the rest maybe another gram.

the rock weighed 200 grams.
We crushed it by hand mortar and pestle 8 grams of free gold
😲 😲😲

That's (about) 18 grams per pound = (about) 1,157.5 ozt per ton = (about) $2,083,600 :eek::eek::eek:

Now all you need to do is find (about) 4,500 more rocks just like that one ;););)

(if I did my math right)o_Oo_Oo_O

Kurt

I walked a small part of the claim before this series of storms piles of quartz everywhere. Looks like they were ground sluicing and just tossing all the rock up on the side's mostly quartz float. And for the brave some open shafts with piles of waste rock that I've been crushing some nice results. It will keep me motivated for a long time.

I walked a small part of the claim before this series of storms piles of quartz everywhere. Looks like they were ground sluicing and just tossing all the rock up on the side's mostly quartz float. And for the brave some open shafts with piles of waste rock that I've been crushing some nice results. It will keep me motivated for a long time.
I found 12 'fly poops' today... :p

Well, it's 'good' for panning in NJ! XD

😲 😲😲

That's (about) 18 grams per pound = (about) 1,157.5 ozt per ton = (about) $2,083,600 :eek::eek::eek:

Now all you need to do is find (about) 4,500 more rocks just like that one ;););)

(if I did my math right)o_Oo_Oo_O

Kurt
Here's the rest of that rock still a little to pulverize but I recovered a little bit more. I hope my son finds a ton of this ore three of them out there today swinging metal detectors. More storms on the way (y)

Attachments

• P1051708.JPG
    P1051708.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • P1051707.JPG
    P1051707.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
If I pan out the glacial till in central NJ all day, every day, for an entire year... I might end up with about that much. Maybe...

Gotta find exactly where those glaciers passed over the Appalachians. If I'm finding flakes all the way over here in NJ, after the glaciers crossed mountains and a major river valley... then how much BIGGER stuff must be still on the western flanks of the mountains the glaciers passed over, eh? Or BETWEEN some of those parallel ridges?

I finally repaired my Whites GMT and went out with my son and friends to the new claim. Moved a lot of rock and mud for a few square nails which is normal for me. A long day slogging around on the saturated ground but learned a few tricks about prospecting for gold with a metal detector. I still don't have the patience for metal detecting. I brought some rocks home to crush to look for hidden treasure I'm wiring up a small jaw crusher to help. I'll try again after it dries up a little. Here's a couple of finds while I was there the snake was down under a couple of feet of rock same with the gold. The gold is in hand also.

Attachments

• P1111721.JPG
    P1111721.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • P1111722.JPG
    P1111722.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 4
A rock like that might be worth more to a collector than the gold value. You can also use a wet tile saw to slice it into thin slabs for pendants and markup like 10 times for jewelry.

A rock like that might be worth more to a collector than the gold value. You can also use a wet tile saw to slice it into thin slabs for pendants and markup like 10 times for jewelry.
Those samples explode their full of voids and rust pockets the gold is mostly on the surface with micro gold on the inside. The specimen pieces are saved.

Back