New member... and just a heads up for Admin

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akragon

Hello everyone... i've been reading about precious metal refining for about a year now... Still haven't attempted anything due to the overwhelming cautions regarding the toxic fumes produced. Played around with a bit of HCL... and learned fast how bad even opening the container can be... got a good little zap from a quick whisp of HCL fume when first opening the jug and it was from a distance, which scared me from proceeding. SO... needless to say im still learning before even considering refining. I plan to build a fume hood and take it from there one day... right now im content learning and reading this forum. I've been here for a while, and everyone seems to be very helpful.

One thing i do want to point out is that there is a Google ad at the bottom of the screen that prevents people from registering on this forum, or even sending messages... i finally figured out that i had to zoom out to 75% to finally hit that button. Just letting people know in case

anyways... Cheers from Canada (niagara)
hope to chat with everyone around the forum :)

I'm not sure how your screen looks, or what device you're using to access the forum, but for me, when I come to the forum's front page, the link to register is at the top right of the page.

Can you provide a screen shot of what you're referring to?

Dave

Hello everyone... i've been reading about precious metal refining for about a year now... Still haven't attempted anything due to the overwhelming cautions regarding the toxic fumes produced. Played around with a bit of HCL... and learned fast how bad even opening the container can be... got a good little zap from a quick whisp of HCL fume when first opening the jug and it was from a distance, which scared me from proceeding. SO... needless to say im still learning before even considering refining. I plan to build a fume hood and take it from there one day... right now im content learning and reading this forum. I've been here for a while, and everyone seems to be very helpful.

One thing i do want to point out is that there is a Google ad at the bottom of the screen that prevents people from registering on this forum, or even sending messages... i finally figured out that i had to zoom out to 75% to finally hit that button. Just letting people know in case

anyways... Cheers from Canada (niagara)
hope to chat with everyone around the forum :)
Disable the ads in the settings of your account. It was discussed in another thread some time ago. Mainly if you are logging on your phone.

Disable the ads in the settings of your account. It was discussed in another thread some time ago. Mainly if you are logging on your phone.
I think his problem was that the ad covered so much of his screen he could not even register.
But I think that means he is using a phone with relatively small screen, right?

As the original poster to this thread, my problem was that the pop ups were coming so fast, as soon as I deleted it, 2 + 3 more ads would pop up in different areas of my lap top screen. I can't imagine trying to read the forum on a phone.

I'm not sure how your screen looks, or what device you're using to access the forum, but for me, when I come to the forum's front page, the link to register is at the top right of the page.

Can you provide a screen shot of what you're referring to?

Dave
https://ibb.co/d0vz1dM
its a google ad sense... I've seen it on a few different forums... but i've never had it prevent me from anything...

As the original poster to this thread, my problem was that the pop ups were coming so fast, as soon as I deleted it, 2 + 3 more ads would pop up in different areas of my lap top screen. I can't imagine trying to read the forum on a phone.
no... i don't have any popups... haven't for years...

I think his problem was that the ad covered so much of his screen he could not even register.
But I think that means he is using a phone with relatively small screen, right?
Yes... i have an iphone 8... but it still shouldn't prevent me from registering or even sending a message to someone for help with this... that is a site based ad... it has nothing to do with my phone or cpu

I wonder IF this forum has seen a decline in registered users? That just might be why IF it has

no... i don't have any popups... haven't for years...
Since you are the only one reporting this and you seen it elsewhere, I’m inclined to think it is related to your device.

No, I haven’t noticed a decline in new users.

Since you are the only one reporting this and you seen it elsewhere, I’m inclined to think it is related to your device.

No, I haven’t noticed a decline in new users.
its specifically related to this forum... and i've seen it on other forums as well but it hasn't ever stopped me from doing anything... so no it doesn't have anything to do with my cpu...

forums use ads on the sides and the bottom to generate revenue... regardless IF its not stopping most people then it doesn't matter :)

its specifically related to this forum... and i've seen it on other forums as well but it hasn't ever stopped me from doing anything... so no it doesn't have anything to do with my cpu...

forums use ads on the sides and the bottom to generate revenue... regardless IF its not stopping most people then it doesn't matter :)
Well, you are the only one reporting this. So I’m not sure what we can do if it’s not repetable.

Have you tried turning your phone sideways?

Have you tried turning your phone sideways?
i did actually... i've been trying to register for a while now... completely impossible on my phone... luckily i can zoom out on my cpu so here i am... perhaps a resize in the ad settings in the Html code? In any case i was just giving a heads up :)

i did actually... i've been trying to register for a while now... completely impossible on my phone... luckily i can zoom out on my cpu so here i am... perhaps a resize in the ad settings in the Html code? In any case i was just giving a heads up :)
What do you mean by CPU, your phone has a CPU and if you have Computer it has a CPU as well.
That is the Central Processing Unit ;)

Is it affecting both your Phone and your Laptop?
Which OS do you use on the Laptop?

Is it affecting both your Phone and your Laptop?
Which OS do you use on the Laptop?
yup... windows 10... and iphone 8
it literally blocks the entire bottom of the screen... you scroll down to register and the button is completely blocked... i tried to send a message to the site admin and the same thing happened... couldn't send it... i even tried it on my VR lappy...which is Only for VR purposes... supermachine lol... same thing. its site specific... my forum ATS used to have that same issue, needless to say they removed that particular banner from the bottom :)

yup... windows 10... and iphone 8
it literally blocks the entire bottom of the screen... you scroll down to register and the button is completely blocked... i tried to send a message to the site admin and the same thing happened... couldn't send it... i even tried it on my VR lappy...which is Only for VR purposes... supermachine lol... same thing. its site specific... my forum ATS used to have that same issue, needless to say they removed that particular banner from the bottom :)
Since nobody else see it it has to be Network specific.
And as Dave says the register button is on top not bottom.

Here is my view in a browser called Vivaldi
1673608754772.png

And the registration page

1673608848597.png

Since nobody else see it it has to be Network specific.
And as Dave says the register button is on top not bottom.

Here is my view in a browser called Vivaldi
View attachment 54165

And the registration page

View attachment 54166
But you can clearly see the register button is at the bottom ^^

every ad on a forum is used for revenue... both sides, usually the top and the bottom

But you can clearly see the register button is at the bottom ^^

every ad on a forum is used for revenue... both sides, usually the top and the bottom
Aah the second screen.
Well as you see there is no ads there, so I would have a chat with my network provider.
Since this seem specific to your network.

Back