New Member introduction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I am Tom Doyle from Montana. I look forward to participating and learning.
Welcome to us.
We ask a couple of things from new members.
First read the book of C.M. Hoke about refining jewelers scrap.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19798This gives a nice and understandable introduction to the chemistry of refining.
Next read the safety section of the forum and last but not least read about waste treatment.

When this is done most know what questions is important.

Welcome onboard Thomas, I'm also new to the site and have learned a lot, it is a great site, very knowledgeable and helpful people, where in Montana are you located.

This is written for all new members.
We all try to help, well most of us, so do not get upset if some responses to your posts seem a little harsh.
You have to understand the basic chemistry we all discuss and refer to, the tools to learn that is here on the forum so read and study, a good place to start is Hoke which was written for non chemists to help gain that basic understanding.
No one here is paid so unless you wish to pay to learn the skills and arts needed much of the learning process is down to you.
If on your reading posts you do not understand a certain part post a question, you will get a reply but only if you do your part and read and learn, we cannot and do not spoon feed new members but I firmly believe most can achieve success with the right attitude and application.

Latest posts

Back