New type of electrolytic refining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rusty said:
varords said:
goldenchild said:
I think varords will do fine with his invention whether it's truly a new method or not. Look at iShore. That's not an insult just an observation. Whether you can get the "big boys" to want to use your invention is the big question. I wish you good luck.
Thank you. I am planning to sell small apparatus. Trying to contact large and medium refining and mining companies as well. And producers of equipment. This is the most difficult, I can not locate them. It seem to me that refineries are making their own equipment. Who for example produces and sells Wohlwill electrolytic cells?

varords try this site, a mix of trades people who will competitively bid for your work. http://rfqwork.com/

Before tendering an offer, you will need to draw up plans of your project with a materials list along with how may units you want to have made.

Also there are some very capable forum members with both skills and knowledge who may consider making an offer to build your cell. Again the materials list and specs you require would help to make an offer.

Best Regards
Rusty

Thank you. Rusty. I will look at that!

rusty said:
Also there are some very capable forum members with both skills and knowledge who may consider making an offer to build your cell.

This is the ticket. You need to have at least a working prototype. A working model is better than any materials list and specs you could compile. Seeing is believing.

goldenchild said:
rusty said:
Also there are some very capable forum members with both skills and knowledge who may consider making an offer to build your cell.

This is the ticket. You need to have at least a working prototype. A working model is better than any materials list and specs you could compile. Seeing is believing.

I have a working prototype :) How I tested? It is not pretty, so I need to build more or less professional cell. Nice looking and with all gadgets that will attract buyers

varords said:
goldenchild said:
rusty said:

I have a working prototype :) How I tested? It is not pretty, so I need to build more or less professional cell. Nice looking and with all gadgets that will attract buyers

varords I gather that the cell is a single compartment affair, is this is the case you may get lucky and find an off the self box that would work. Injection molding would be another option but it will cost you an arm and a leg to have the mold made up.

A word of caution, usually when you contract a job with an injection molding company you pay for the mold and they retain ownership, make sure that you own the mold and that you can walk out the door with it should the business arrangement goes sour or the company runs into financial problems and the sheriff puts lock on the gate.

A much more economical way to manufacture the cell from plastic that can be vacuum formed, the molds would be very cheap to make. I'm not going to get into the full details of vacuum forming anyone interested in learning more can use Google.

My wife is into cement lawn ornaments so I built a vacuum forming table a couple of years back to copy the pattern from any ornaments that she has purchased. Now she is able to make copies using the molds that I made.

Just tossing some ideas at you.

Regards
Rusty

rusty said:
varords said:
goldenchild said:
rusty said:

varords I gather that the cell is a single compartment affair, is this is the case you may get lucky and find an off the self box that would work. Injection molding would be another option but it will cost you an arm and a leg to have the mold made up.

A word of caution, usually when you contract a job with an injection molding company you pay for the mold and they retain ownership, make sure that you own the mold and that you can walk out the door with it should the business arrangement goes sour or the company runs into financial problems and the sheriff puts lock on the gate.

A much more economical way to manufacture the cell from plastic that can be vacuum formed, the molds would be very cheap to make. I'm not going to get into the full details of vacuum forming anyone interested in learning more can use Google.

My wife is into cement lawn ornaments so I built a vacuum forming table a couple of years back to copy the pattern from any ornaments that she has purchased. Now she is able to make copies using the molds that I made.

Just tossing some ideas at you.

Regards
Rusty

Thank you, rusty. Very useful information, I will keep in mind!

I doubt if you you could make anything much cheaper than some of these:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/search.aspx?search=tanks&page=1

For example:
Cover separate: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=40979&catid=820
With cover: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=26660&catid=820

Hi all

I would like to see his patent application #61482989 but I don't seem to be able to get it. So if any body know him will you ask for me. I wish he would share one more copy to me.

I'm 63 now and only work 3 days a week so I have a lot of time on my hands to learn how. I order lazersteve DVD today and I hope I can learn.

I'm started getting cell phones and computers. I know it going to take a lot.

Jack

I already made a system I hope will gain popularity over time. For now it is machine shop made, I do not want to spent too much to order molds, over time it will be more nicely looking :). I am improving design and functionality constantly, so real units today are better then picture in my store.

You may see this system here http://www.goldrefiningsystems.com/default.aspx

8) Somebody left in my store forum reference to this site. May be I have a right to advertize my store here? As a response!

Thanks to everybody who participated in this discussion.

Well i will give anybody the benefit of the doubt. Your product as been noted once or twice on the forum. Could you explain the workings of your product? Maybe then we could give you a honest evaluation.

Palladium said:
Well i will give anybody the benefit of the doubt. Your product as been noted once or twice on the forum. Could you explain the workings of your product? Maybe then we could give you a honest evaluation.
It is simple and most is known, so the real innovation is to implement knowledge.

When using gold alloy as an anode, acid anions (nitric acid for example) move toward anode and react with whatever could form a salt with particular acid. Gold is very inert and only halides (and few other acids) may react with metallic gold. Therefore, if nitric acid, nitrates, acetic acid, acetates and many other acids are used as electrolyte, all metals usually found in gold alloy, except gold, platinum and rhodium, will react with acid anions. They will become positively charged cations. Because of their newfound positive charge, they will be thrown out from positively charged gold alloy made anode and will move toward cathode. Gold will remain in metallic state.

This looks like inquarting – parting. Only difference is, - with inquarting-parting it is diffusion that move acid anions in and base metal cations out of gold. Diffusion is omnidirectional, movement caused by electrical field is unidirectional and more efficient. Second, in inquarting-parting base metals after being dissolved by nitric acid could not be compartmentalized, omnidirectional movement excludes compartmentalization and this is reason nitric acid must be replaced two three times for inquarting-parting to be effective. Unidirectional movement could be compartmentalized and could take all advantages of this compartmentalization.

My system has several compartments, which allow concentration of acids to remain high in gold anode compartment even if overall it is depleting, and to move base metals reaction products out of gold compartment to cathode compartments.

Second special, – REFINEIT may refine this way higher karat gold, up to 14K using same principles.

This is short description.

Back