Newbie!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngeloDelDio

Hello all! 1st I would like to say thank you to whom ever created this! Somehow I stumbled across this forum and greatfully so!

I'm just an individual who was blessed with the capabilty to turn junk into precious metals. Learning from scratch and researching the internet with what seems to be mostly misinformation on the whole process and my husband's prior knowledge in chemicals, we now have metals! For us, this could be a life changing venture. However, I am hesitant in moving forward. I have communicated with a couple refineries and even drove to PA to try Garfield.

Precious Metals Refinery in Chicago just seemed too eager and claimed to be a big refinery yet their office is in a dental building and their refinery looks like a small wearhouse next to mechanics shops. Reldan seems legit, however, they wouldn't give me a price percentage until I tell them how much I have and they seem to be more for big players.

When I drove to Garfiled to see how they do business, it was quite intimidating. The platinum we had then, they gave us a fair price on. So I later tried to mail in a half dollar piece and they told me it contained only base metals, nor did they send it back. However, when I did a home test before I sent it, it tested positive for platinum

I've been collecting and smelting and now have pounds of precious metals to sell. I am new to this and my metals are not pure. There are some base metals that were used to bind and pull the precious metals together. There is also some slag left in the mix.

I've been trying to research the best, fair place to go, to no avail. This field is a very different and cut throat. It seems most will take advantage of you if you are not a reputable business or extremely knowledgeable in precious metals.

I am also unsure if I should start a company before I turn in a mother load. If so, what state?

It seems this community, here, actually wants to help each other. I am hoping we can learn and understand the process a little better to be able to find the right refinery for us.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing from .. well anyone who takes the time to respond and/or who can point me in the right direction.

AngeloDelDio

The most honest refiner I know is actually a member here on the forum. His user name is Lou. He is located right here in Ohio. Send him a personal message (called a "conversation" on this forum's software). If he can't help you, he can probably recommend someone who can.

Dave

The most honest refiner I know is actually a member here on the forum. His user name is Lou. He is located right here in Ohio. Send him a personal message (called a "conversation" on this forum's software). If he can't help you, he can probably recommend someone who can.

Dave
Beautiful! Thanks Dave !!
Maria

Hello all! 1st I would like to say thank you to whom ever created this! Somehow I stumbled across this forum and greatfully so!

I'm just an individual who was blessed with the capabilty to turn junk into precious metals. Learning from scratch and researching the internet with what seems to be mostly misinformation on the whole process and my husband's prior knowledge in chemicals, we now have metals! For us, this could be a life changing venture. However, I am hesitant in moving forward. I have communicated with a couple refineries and even drove to PA to try Garfield.

Precious Metals Refinery in Chicago just seemed too eager and claimed to be a big refinery yet their office is in a dental building and their refinery looks like a small wearhouse next to mechanics shops. Reldan seems legit, however, they wouldn't give me a price percentage until I tell them how much I have and they seem to be more for big players.

When I drove to Garfiled to see how they do business, it was quite intimidating. The platinum we had then, they gave us a fair price on. So I later tried to mail in a half dollar piece and they told me it contained only base metals, nor did they send it back. However, when I did a home test before I sent it, it tested positive for platinum

I've been collecting and smelting and now have pounds of precious metals to sell. I am new to this and my metals are not pure. There are some base metals that were used to bind and pull the precious metals together. There is also some slag left in the mix.

I've been trying to research the best, fair place to go, to no avail. This field is a very different and cut throat. It seems most will take advantage of you if you are not a reputable business or extremely knowledgeable in precious metals.

I am also unsure if I should start a company before I turn in a mother load. If so, what state?

It seems this community, here, actually wants to help each other. I am hoping we can learn and understand the process a little better to be able to find the right refinery for us.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing from .. well anyone who takes the time to respond and/or who can point me in the right direction.

AngeloDelDio
AngeloDelDio, well it looks like you have gotten your feet wet. The most important thing that you can do is educate yourself. There are numerous books 📚 available for the purpose of testing and refining on this forum. Also be aware that even upon this form that occasionally someone will pitch selling something that isn’t true. Keep an extra set of eyes 👀 in the back of your head. By and large there are many people here who love their craft and willing to help. Good Journey...

AngeloDelDio, well it looks like you have gotten your feet wet. The most important thing that you can do is educate yourself. There are numerous books 📚 available for the purpose of testing and refining on this forum. Also be aware that even upon this form that occasionally someone will pitch selling something that isn’t true. Keep an extra set of eyes 👀 in the back of your head. By and large there are many people here who love their craft and willing to help. Good Journey...
Thank you Peter.
I'm stuck tryin to find a refiner to buy from me as an individual..

Have you delt with them before?
What's needed to do business with them?
I have smelted PGMs along with some copper that I'm struggling seperating but would like to turn in.

Maria

Back