Newer than green

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENER

Hello everybody, my name is Chris.

As a new member of this forum I would like to introduce myself a bit.

I`m 50 now, male, Western Europe (continental part), a good technician/mechanic in the field of construction and machine maintenance / repair / refurbishments / installing.
As for computers, apart from taking them apart, I am not very proficient with them.
Last may I registered myself on this forum, with the intention of seriously accumulating lots of correct information about recovery/refinement of e-waste.

As for the e-waste story, I always knew there would be interesting things to be found, but never had enough at a single time to really warrant this hobby.
This changed abruptly when my nextdoor neighbor moved away in 2015, as way of saying thank you for me helping with whatever, he gave me 30 PC`s,
11 laptops, 16 flatscreen monitors, some 45 keyboards, two trashbags full of cables, several boxes of the LAN connectors, and what not.

After having taken all that apart (during wich I really started with watching the wellknown youtube videos), my lust for more was lit.
Nowadays I buy my scrap from one single scrapyard, and recently I made my first big profit; sold extruded aluminum for 3x the price I bought it for.

To make this story somewhat short; I have so much by now; it would really be a shame if I`d be messing things up, apart from my health offcourse.

Thank you all in advance and with kind regards,

Greener

Greener,
Welcome to the Forum. Stay away from the "well known videos"... You are much better off reading the Library on this site for information about refining PMs SAFELY!!!! Start reading. ALL OF IT. Then read it again. Pay very close attention to the safety threads. They could save your life. Other than that, have fun and play safe...

Back