Newly registered but been a longtime follower

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben1jamin23

Hi everyone. I've been a escrapper foir about 4 years now. Well just saving up items or suburban mining as I think I heard it reffered to. I have pounds and pounds of gold and silver containing scrap so much I've filled 2 storage units with either pcbs or vcrs and DVD players ect. So this was the year I was gonna do it finally. I was gonna reclaim some Gold and silver. The spare bedroom was filled with bags of gold plated pins and every sort of chip, resistor, diode, capacitor you can think of. Started with silver contacts from circuit breakers. Nitric=fail. Sulfuric acid=fail. Ok let's try reverse electro plate silver plated items.....fail. Sure I would get some hodgepodge of something or another but nothing id call pretty. I researched and watched every dam screetips, 999 dusan, Mbmm, and don't think there's a video on YouTube roughly to due with the subject I haven't watched. I've got a garden of full 2 liter an gallon jugs been depositing around of failed chemical solutions. I give up. I'm selling it all and here to post my hoard and get what I can and be done with it. So watch for my list of items for sale. Will be best deals you can find that's for sure

Welcome Benjamin,

You are not giving it up! You chose a smart route, collected all this PM-containing stuff, and now cash it in. I often do recommend that for occasional scrappers. For some, this is the better way of dealing with gold scrap. No chemicals, no hassle with waste and pollution, and prices for PMs have risen as well.

Wish you luck on selling your 'piggy bank' ;-)

Hi everyone. I've been a escrapper foir about 4 years now. Well just saving up items or suburban mining as I think I heard it reffered to. I have pounds and pounds of gold and silver containing scrap so much I've filled 2 storage units with either pcbs or vcrs and DVD players ect. So this was the year I was gonna do it finally. I was gonna reclaim some Gold and silver. The spare bedroom was filled with bags of gold plated pins and every sort of chip, resistor, diode, capacitor you can think of. Started with silver contacts from circuit breakers. Nitric=fail. Sulfuric acid=fail. Ok let's try reverse electro plate silver plated items.....fail. Sure I would get some hodgepodge of something or another but nothing id call pretty. I researched and watched every dam screetips, 999 dusan, Mbmm, and don't think there's a video on YouTube roughly to due with the subject I haven't watched. I've got a garden of full 2 liter an gallon jugs been depositing around of failed chemical solutions. I give up. I'm selling it all and here to post my hoard and get what I can and be done with it. So watch for my list of items for sale. Will be best deals you can find that's for sure
Here is a link for dealing with your waste solutions.

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/dealing-with-waste.10539/
Janie

Latest posts

Back