Nitric acid available on eBay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best I have seen so far is about £200 for 25L or about 35Kg delivered. I could get a better price for a larger amount but then its dealing with palettes and probably attracting the wrong type of attention. I'm not sure of the legality in your country but its restricted here in the UK which means you might need to get creative. I think £8 for a litre of 68-70% HNO3 delivered is pretty good if you are careful not to waste it.

golden_egg said:
I have been searching this forum for a couple days now but no one can say what a good price for a liter of nitric acid should cost with or without restriction and with or without crazy shipping. Please help.

Give your location and possibly someone can help you find some without shipping.

I'm in Pocono mountains Pennsylvania. And I'm looking for a good price on a 1 liter of nitric acid (Technical grade 65-70%) also sulfuric acid. However I'm not sure if there is a special type of sulfuric to use. I just want it to help put in solution any lead that might be present. Any and all help is appreciated.

golden_egg said:
also sulfuric acid. However I'm not sure if there is a special type of sulfuric to use. I just want it to help put in solution any lead that might be present. Any and all help is appreciated.

Sulfuric acid does not put lead into solution, it precipitates it out of solution. Battery acid from an auto supply store works.

Dave

Thanks for the correction FrugalRefiner. Ok I've been watching Sreetips on YouTube awhile now and come to think of it. He puts 3ml sulfuric in after he completes aqua-raga. So that makes sense

golden_egg said:
I'm in Pocono mountains Pennsylvania. And I'm looking for a good price on a 1 liter of nitric acid (Technical grade 65-70%) also sulfuric acid. However I'm not sure if there is a special type of sulfuric to use. I just want it to help put in solution any lead that might be present. Any and all help is appreciated.

I am in Willow Grove PA, if you can't find any and want to take that 100 mile or so ride for it, I may sell what I have.
You have to study this forum for what you plan to do, and have a plan for all your waste.

I know this has probably been posted around here before, but I bought 10 liters of nitric acid from Duda Diesel and was really happy with what they sent. https://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=nitric

I bought 10L for $151. It was the best price per volume, although it will take me a few years to use it all.

A side note: I did receive 5 gallons of pure acetone from them by accident, they were quick to fix the mistake and I had my nitric two days later. Needless to say, hazmat fees to ship the acetone back was more than it's actually worth, so now I'm sitting on a gold-mine in nail polish remover!

Back