nitric solution containing palladium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i would like to know if one does a stanous chloride test in a nitric solution containing palladium,the result of the test will indicate the correspondent collour for pd ?
in reality i want to know if stanous chloride testing works for all acidic solutions containing precious metals----thanks all for what seems to be a trivial question

Arthur,

Generally speaking yes. The catch is that the stannous color stain will disappear if the solution has free nitric. The more free nitric the quicker the stain will vanish. With AR and other oxidizing solutions the same phenomenon will occur.

DMG is a much more reliable test for Pd.

Steve

thanks Steve for the reply-----i asked the question because the stain(sncl2) dissapeared rapidly----this made a doubt in my mind which you cleared to me(free nitric)----thanks a lot for the reply--------meanwhile i discovered(i did not know) that inside memory black chips there is gold and pd--(no silver)
regards from an admirer
Arthur

arthur, i'v heard that memory chips might contain ruthenium.
can some one confirm that confirm that? or tell us hoe to test Ru presence?

Samuel,i do not know if rutenium is present in memory chips----perhaps someone can tell us----but if there is ruthenium,it will stay in the powder left after the ar leach and this powder have to be fused with a mix of koh and kno3 and then dissolving this fusion with hot water and then distiling with methil alcohol +hcl, the residue being
ruocl and in the distilate osmiun hidrated ( if present)
regards
Arthur

Latest posts

Back