Not sure best method to start dropping metals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious Metal Guy

I have been reading every single piece of info I can on this forum and few others i am with and I have say this forum has way more info on so many topics on about everything refining. Out of everything I been reading even Hokes I still have not came across what I am actually looking for to start handling my issue I have. So I will try and explain and see what kind good advice I get here!

I have only done some small time refining such as pins, ram and few other items I have used several methods such as AR, AP, AG processes in small quantities. But I have been stock piling scrap for years now and anything I can buy from miners,refiners even people who have gave up the trade/hobby and sold all there equipment. Recently i bought what was left of this old mans chemistry items, e-scrap, ore even some old solutions he never processed I didn't cost me a fortune I definately got way more than my moneys worth.

The solutions I got was 5 full 5 gallon buckets almost full when talking with the man he said he was just getting to old to keep messing with it and his wife had recently passed so he was moving in with his children and grandchildren. Asking him what all was in the solutions and what all he processed he said a little of everything and every metal from telecom items, ram, ic chips, a lot cpus of many types, a lot monolithic capacitors, even ore and who knows what else that he doesn't remember. So I ran tests and all buckets test positive for gold, silver and Platinium all results was very dark color of each. When asking him what processes he used he said the buckets have some of every process mixed in such as AR, AP, AG.

He said over the last few years he just got slower at moving around and he had many flasks and beakers crack from heat so he just poured everything together to keep from losing anything it has no smell what so ever as they been setting for awhile.

I am no where near even ready to start processing this stuff however I would like to get a jump on getting the metals to start dropping out of the solutions ahead of time! So my biggest question is what in the world would be the best way to start this mess? Would it be best for me to add some copper bus bars to all the buckets and let them set for awhile? Any advice to start makeing the metals drop would be greatly appreciated so maybe in few months I can start slowly working with this stuff! Thank you in advance to all the great members here.

Big Copper bar, air pump for agitation and a aquarium heater to heat it a little bit. Let it all cement out, then settle for a few weeks. Siphon off the waste liquid and treat appropriately.

Back