Ok let just say mistakes were made

dkbinco

In it for the Money
Hey, thanks for the responce...I have a dremel and 4 in. grinder left over stuff from when the world was young and I was a welder, full set of diamond cut off blades, a ton of stuff for the dremel, and a tile saw, but I located a small rig with grinders, saw and polisher,may someday anyhow I have to work with what I got. Wire wrapping and jewlery HA! West coast right, and mexico. well .450 karats is $50 now...5 karats to make 1 g. wow, so the arthitis is in my hands and mainly thumb so I am trying to supplement ssi with something. I am not sure about investing in that. I uploaded some pics of the ore, did you see? I had bought some from a guy who has a florite mine close to me and it looked exactly the same as what I have, so I dont know what a fire assay cost maybe $60 If ya'll insist I will, but what is that they put it in a crusible and burn it? I don't know but I dont want to get something toxic. Thanks agail buddy.

notehunter494

Thank you Martijn for the clarification, it makes perfect sense. I got the Covid Monday even though I got the Pfizer double vaccine last spring.

jobinyt

"It won't pan" Finally, a topic I can contribute to. Yes, it will pan - if there. The secret is classification - ie screen it into lots of the same physical size. You want to screen out stuff that is bigger than the gold, and stuff smaller than the gold. If the gold is 'free milling' then a particle size range of 10x centered on the size of the gold is standard. Generally though, and if the gold is encased/embedded a smaller size range is better. You can take a brute force approach to classification or seek a less labor intensive approach such as screening to a fine size to start and work down from there. Based on what you it seems likely the gold is 'fine'.

Another approach would be to fashion a crude Miller Table (look it up), and start with the smallest fines and work up in classified size. Regardless, in any gravity separation, classification is key to not loosing values.

Noggin

Never inquart with copper if you have silver. It uses three times more nitric to digest.
To get the most out of acids, you could inquart with sterling silver, and by doing so, recovering the silver and the gold in one go.
This is something that I know. I was trying not to overcomplicate the post and didn't want to make him feel like had to go out and buy some sterling.
I recover all my nitric used up in inquartation-based recoveries, so it's not really an issue for me.

Latest posts