old used dead batterys? sulfuric uselfulness?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have like 20 old batteries that no longer hold a charge...

I know sulfuric is cheap but i was wondering,
will the batteries still work for sulfuric acid from these or is it to contaminated?
will they still be 35%?

either way i still plan on harvesting the lead from them to use for the cathode in a sulfur cell.

also... based on aflac global..

his gold pfd thing said that 150-160 gold plated pins (ide cable etc) averages 1 gram of pure gold... do you mean each pin = $ 0.45 or the whole pin array= $0.45?

I was teached that old type batteries need to be refilled with the acid regularly due to evaporation(I hardly can beliewe that) and creation of lead sulphate. Best way to check its value is to use densimeter or precise scale and known volume of battery liquid to know density, this can tell you approximate concentration. You can concentrate the acid by partial evaporation. But it's not worthy an effort.

according to my experience, 150-160 IDE pins arrays (usually 39 pins) will yield 0.3-0.8 grams, depends on quality of pins and how well do you practice your refinning.

good luck.
SAMUEL

Firefox said:
I have like 20 old batteries that no longer hold a charge...

I know sulfuric is cheap but i was wondering,
will the batteries still work for sulfuric acid from these or is it to contaminated?
will they still be 35%?

either way i still plan on harvesting the lead from them to use for the cathode in a sulfur cell.

also... based on aflac global..

his gold pfd thing said that 150-160 gold plated pins (ide cable etc) averages 1 gram of pure gold... do you mean each pin = $ 0.45 or the whole pin array= $0.45?

The Sulfuric is usable if you can charge the battery up to convert the Lead Sulfate so that it increases the specific gravity (concentration) of the acid.

Latest posts

Back