Other ways to dissiolve gold?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, there are many actually, but most of the alternatives are way slower in action. HCL & peroxide, HCL and manganese dioxide, Ferric Chloride and Air(oxygen), HCL and chlorine gas, iodine and bromine based mixtures, thio based mixtures, and most likely many more that I don't know.

Question why do you ask? it may be better to state the problem then the guys with the knowledge will find it much easier to help you or give advice.

Jim

I found a man who owns a scrap yard and he has some huge ship containers with all kind of Russian and Bulgaraian electronic elements. He knew all about AR and how to drop the gold with many chemicals but he wants to use no CL. He says it is a terrible poison and he does not want to use it. We exchanged some expreience and to be honest I knew some of the things he didn't and he knew some of the things I didn't. He knew nothing about electrolysis - completely nothing. He is paying 25$ to a refiner per 1 kg to refine his silver. He had a container full with used nitric acid and so on. He had buckets of sorted CPUs, capacitators (gree, blue, brown, red ...), transistors, epproms, fingers, legs, diods, mainboards, vacuum lamps and many more - kilos of everything. He told me some things I did not know. for example - the transistors with the plated bottoms with no plated legs. The legs are plated too but there is another layer of tin over the gold. He told me to use sulfuric acid and some nitric acid as a catalyst. He showed me some kg of silver and a few hundred grams of Pd. Cats - that I am interested in - 100 kg of them.

By the way I bought my first cat yesterday - from Renault Megane, 1998, 1800 ccm. Unfortunately, it was metalic and a little bit of blown out :( but I gave less than 15$ for it as it was whole with the iron cover.
How should I proceed with the metalic honey comb? I ordered Steve's DVD but I think inside there is only ceramic converters.

Plamenpp:

There are other processes,like potassium iodide,tetrafluoroboric acid (HBF4),sodium/ammonium thiosulfate process and so for.Jim is right,these processes are slower or more expensive so try to use those processes that are proven to work well,like AR,AP,CLOROX or KARO syrup.

Jim....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!...you have already posted 1000 posts.I send you a big hug.

Manuel

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
Plamenpp:

There are other processes,like potassium iodide,tetrafluoroboric acid (HBF4),sodium/ammonium thiosulfate process and so for.Jim is right,these processes are slower or more expensive so try to use those processes that are proven to work well,like AR,AP,CLOROX or KARO syrup.

Jim....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!...you have already posted 1000 posts.I send you a big hug.

Manuel

Thanks,
I can not believe it has been over 2 years, and hopefully all my post were not dribble :lol:

jim

james122964 said:
Thanks,
I can not believe it has been over 2 years, and hopefully all my post were not dribble :lol:

jim

I follow you on here and on the micron gold forum. I find your research interesting.

Latest posts

Back