Over killed my project....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badestb

I put some circuit boards in peroxide and myratic acid... But we were forced to relocate our camp so it sat for like two weeks... So EVERYTHING on the boards came off... It was all in a big pile at the bottom of the beaker... So it's impossible to distinguish each individual part of the circuit boards, much less sperate them for gold recovery.
Is there a way to process them still? And get the gold out? Or is all lost???

Please slow down.
First. Keep your questions on one topic in the same thread.
Mods can you merge this or delete this thread before it adds something of value.
Why did you not disclose this in your original thread.
Bye the way it do not matter.
Give this info in your original thread.
And we will take it from there.

Sorry, since your other thread described more or less the same scenario I assumed it to be the same.

I have been rereading your original post.
It is still pcb in acid.

It should still be in the same thread.

How many PCBs do you have in there?
More than 100kg?
2 pieces?

Nothing is really lost.
If there were gold, its still there.
If it is economy in recovering it, that is a whole other discussion.
Waay to little information to advice.

So you've solved the problem with pcb's and plated items in AR? How did that go? What did you learn from that? We gave you advice and are curious if you understand or have learned trom that. A little feed back helps a lot.

Now, again: BEFORE attempting anything, present you plan and steps here, we can prevent you from making beginners mistakes.

How did you make the copper chloride leach? Do you understand how it works?
Are those pcb's that heavy plated to justify an AP bath?
Do you have pictures?
There are many things that can be done wrong, and they can't all be explained in one post, so slow down! Take your time and know what to expect with a process.

Camp? I'm curious. Please elaborate.

Trash in, trash out, meaning: separate the trash from the valuabe scrap before leaching with chemicals. Go for the fruit, not the entire forest.

Martijn.

But we were forced to relocate our camp

Please don't tell me you are "camping out" and trying to do this !!!

No backyard/shop/lab where you can actually "set up" to do this "properly" ???

Just what are you doing with the TOXIC waste you are creating --- dumping it out on the ground - pouring it out in the creek/river ???

Just how bad are you polluting our environment because you are "camping out" and not living in a real place where you can set up to "properly" do this ???

Kurt

Back