PGMs Unlike Any Other

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just figure it out thank you looks like a scam . If its real what he's talking about he can refine it and sale it easy . Pictures won't get any body any where. Sorry scam

Surely you have been here long enough to know someone will be asking if you have an assay or any XRF indication to justify the thread title!!!! 🤔
XRF is worthless. Please research it. But there is a substantial amount in the hands of a well-qualified institution, as well as other smaller processors who have been testing. The first tests were Iridium. I will grab those pics. They are quite different...
Hmmm - on July 20 you were trying to sell rocks that looked very much like these as silver

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...imen-at-very-reduced-price.31376/#post-330270
Now they are PGMs :unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kurt
Well I have both. Initially it's hard to distinguish, but not anymore. Try it, not easy.

Per the bold print - & that is my point

container big enough to "soak" a rock but not big enough for specific gravity test makes no sense --- & even if he did a specific gravity test - it certainly wouldn't validate his claim

And simply being heavy doesn't validate his claim

IMO - snowdog20 is simply trying to sell something on his claim that it is what he claims it to be - but nothing to back up &/or validate that claim

IMO - it smells a lot like this --------

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...-shipping-f2f-deal-serious-buyers-only.31164/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-bars-supplier.31101/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-bars-for-sell.30909/
etc. etc. etc.

Kurt
Some of those rocks just look like polished hematite. I have some pieces like that myself.

But then you say

So you have a container big enough to soak them in water/HCl - but not big enough to do a specific gravity test in ???

Lead is heavy to - being heavy doesn't make it silver gold or PGMs

Kurt
Love the BS filter Kurt.🙏 Smells funny to me as well.
I wonder why paypal(money back guarantee) is not his favorite choice of payment...🧐

@snowdog20:
What exactly is your question or contribution with this thread? Trying to sell rocks without any proof again?

If there are PGM's, how do you know? Back up your claim please.

And not an XRF reading with a dataset for pure metals only, but one for ore samples. And then an assay report! XRF is only an indication.

I'm in Alaska, so long as I get funds by say 1630 my time (430 pm), I can ship today. I have another forum user who's making bars of Ag just like this also from me. I can have you chat with him.
Another forum user? Who? Can he back up your claim?

Only this week....a 1000 dollar discount on an 1800 dollar assumed value.. 🤣🤣😂😂

Whenever a contractor says to me: 'today you get extra discount', is to make you sign without thinking and that guy will never get my signature. Never. You have the scam scent all over you. What's your goal here?Bore us with more rock pictures?

I still think you rock dude! 🤟 But there might be other forums better suited for your 'activities'.

Please reply to the questions respected memebers have asked.

Martijn.

But there is a substantial amount in the hands of a well-qualified institution, as well as other smaller processors who have been testing

Again: who? Are these pro's and institutions secret or don't they want a, well, lets say giant group of people who daily deal with precious metals and ore to know they can assay and test?

So give us some names and facts please, or get nominated for a ban. I have had about enough of you.
You are very vague and misleading imo.

Again: who? Are these pro's and institutions secret or don't they want a, well, lets say giant group of people who daily deal with precious metals and ore to know they can assay and test?

So give us some names and facts please, or get nominated for a ban. I have had about enough of you.
You are very vague and misleading imo.
Rudimentary, elementary and sedimentary - Maybe?

Nuggets. Other members are .processing some now. Not polished, tarnish removed yes. PGMs have iron, chromite, etc. So, they get placed in water/hydrochloric acid for a bath. The reason large sizes is because the faults are quite big.
I received your emails, and remain interested to find out about the assayed contents of your white metal nuggets, and ores, I just had a total hip replacement, so other than foundry and bench work, my field work is on hold. I also have one half ton of Benitoite ore and rough to process. I have photos of my nugget samples from my claims, maybe I'll post some in the future. I may in the future, offer to do fire and chemo assays myself. XRF serves a different purpose.

XRF is worthless. Please research it. But there is a substantial amount in the hands of a well-qualified institution, as well as other smaller processors who have been testing. The first tests were Iridium. I will grab those pics. They are quite different...

Well I have both. Initially it's hard to distinguish, but not anymore. Try it, not easy.
I must disagree with you. I work for few years, relying on daily XRF analyses. And when you measure bulk metal samples, there is nothing comparably efficient, quick and practical. It is not the determining tool like ICP-OES etc. or fire assay to exactly to one decimal minimum say you have this in here. But it serves me very well and to my knowledge, never failed in my hands when properly used.
I also heavily use Geochem mode, which is capable to read complex light-element matrixes like you have. But if it is in solid metal form, polish one side or better slice a piece off and measure it.

Without analysis, nobody will trust you.

And when you measure bulk metal samples, there is nothing comparably efficient, quick and practical.
The XRF has changed the world of refining for those that understand it. And it has opened up the world to less than honest characters who want to exploit it and the speed it brings.

Back in my day, remember I'm old and a fire assay and gravimetric guy, analytics took days and many more samples just to determine a starting point for good quantitative analysis. The XRF changed all of this with quick results which, as Orvi understands,
It is not the determining tool like ICP-OES etc. or fire assay to exactly to one decimal minimum say you have this in here.
I have come to appreciate the XRF for the speed it affords an analytical chemist to determine the best route for proper quantitative analysis.

The XRF has changed the world of refining for those that understand it. And it has opened up the world to less than honest characters who want to exploit it and the speed it brings.

Back in my day, remember I'm old and a fire assay and gravimetric guy, analytics took days and many more samples just to determine a starting point for good quantitative analysis. The XRF changed all of this with quick results which, as Orvi understands,

I have come to appreciate the XRF for the speed it affords an analytical chemist to determine the best route for proper quantitative analysis.
Yeah, exactly as you say. To simply discover what the... is the sample sometimes took quite long. With XRF on PM mode and Geochem mode, you know quite precisely what matrix is in here and what PMs to expect.
As proper analysis is quite expensive in comparison with batches I regularly purchase, I rely heavily on quick melt+XRF analysis. With many things I purchase, like pins, contact silver, unknown PM scrap... Anything that could be melted. Weigh before melting, melt with oxy/propane (2-3g sample), weigh after melting, smash it with hammer to the disc shape, quicky polish both sides, shot with XRF from both sides and do the math... Whole procedure, when I am well established in my melting room take like 20 minutes. And accuracy is around +-5-6% (if melted properly).
Never lost a buck because I have done it like this. But we have good XRF gun.
Obviously, buying rich PM scrap on tight margin, there is no room for percents to be flying around. Then, proper analysis is in place.

I must disagree with you. I work for few years, relying on daily XRF analyses. And when you measure bulk metal samples, there is nothing comparably efficient, quick and practical. It is not the determining tool like ICP-OES etc. or fire assay to exactly to one decimal minimum say you have this in here. But it serves me very well and to my knowledge, never failed in my hands when properly used.
I also heavily use Geochem mode, which is capable to read complex light-element matrixes like you have. But if it is in solid metal form, polish one side or better slice a piece off and measure it.

Without analysis, nobody will trust you.
They key word is metal (not ore).

Back