Platinum button

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todor

Hi to all here. This my first platinum button from old russian military relay. We have used only nitric acid and then melting, because the contacts of the relays are pure platinum. Sorry for the bad quality of the image.

Attachments

• 2015-11-30 12.44.39.jpg
    2015-11-30 12.44.39.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 1,068
My latest gold button - 38 grams(97% pure). This is from russian relays, very easy to get.

Attachments

• 20160222_201836.jpg
    20160222_201836.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 875
Former eastern bloc. They can be found in Slovakia, Czech, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland and even eastern parts of Germany. I do have friend who entertained idea of going after old dumpsites used by Soviet military stationed in these countries. Also landfills used by old soviet era electronic companies like former Tesla group in Czechoslovakia - they are being considered as urban silver mine. Dump sites close to soviet military bases are probably contaminated by all kind of hazardous waste.

jason_recliner said:
Your friend should entertain the idea of first acquiring a Geiger counter.

Not really necessary. There were a lot of soviet army detachments over there only tiny minority housed nuclear material. They which does are known and still not accessible anyway, rest is where money are buried.

Todor said:
Hi to all here. This my first platinum button from old russian military relay. We have used only nitric acid and then melting, because the contacts of the relays are pure platinum. Sorry for the bad quality of the image.

Negative, @Todor! (is)Not pure Pt!!!

teclu

Lou said:
Where do I get Russian relays, outside of Russia?

From me, Lou! :) (from Romania!) What do you want? (russian/soviet/ussr) Pt alloy relays, Au alloy, pure Au or pure Ag? For collection, or...?!

teclu

patnor1011 said:
Former eastern bloc. They can be found in Slovakia, Czech, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland and even eastern parts of Germany. I do have friend who entertained idea of going after old dumpsites used by Soviet military stationed in these countries. Also landfills used by old soviet era electronic companies like former Tesla group in Czechoslovakia - they are being considered as urban silver mine. Dump sites close to soviet military bases are probably contaminated by all kind of hazardous waste.

Hello, patnor1011!(glad to see you again! :))

„Probably”! Just „probably”!!!!!!!... you have right!!! :)

Of course, sometimes, the math can be particularly nasty! :)

teclu

hi todor.

do you have pictures of the relays you are processing?

thanks,
alan

This is just one of many species.
There are 3 variants - silver, gold and platinum.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 579
hi,

none of these contain pure Pt. either silver, gold or 90Pt10Ir alloy .

https://www.google.lt/search?q=%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82+%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B5+%D1%80%D1%8D%D1%81+9&biw=1366&bih=655&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUjJyH6bbLAhVEJ5oKHUmQBJ0Q_AUIBigB&dpr=1#imgrc=Yq0QtWYSYPB1-M%3A

teclu said:
Lou said:
Where do I get Russian relays, outside of Russia?

From me, Lou! :) (from Romania!) What do you want? (russian/soviet/ussr) Pt alloy relays, Au alloy, pure Au or pure Ag? For collection, or...?!

teclu

Anything with value that I can smelt. I'm not collecting them. I'm melting them in my furnace in copper and going after the slimes.

Drop me a PM and I'll get you an account set up.

Lou

vgecas said:
hi,

none of these contain pure Pt. either silver, gold or 90Pt10Ir alloy .

https://www.google.lt/search?q=%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82+%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B5+%D1%80%D1%8D%D1%81+9&biw=1366&bih=655&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUjJyH6bbLAhVEJ5oKHUmQBJ0Q_AUIBigB&dpr=1#imgrc=Yq0QtWYSYPB1-M%3A

And why do you think so?

You can Google up datasheet, that says precious metals content...
Depending on series it's either silver (999.9) or gold (999.9), or platinum Iridium alloy (90%10%)

Back