Platuim ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have platuim ore forsale were do I sale it have tested with peroxide 319 seven68 85 six 8
There are a few things to comment here.
Do not use bold text, it is like shouting and considered rude.
What you are posting do not make sense at all.
You can not test Platinum or other precious metals with Peroxide.
So please try again, and take it step by step so we can decode what you have and what you have done to it.

I have platuim ore forsale were do I sale it have tested with peroxide 319 seven68 85 six 8
It seems you have been here for a while but none
has given you our study manual.

So here it is:

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

There are a few things to comment here.
Do not use bold text, it is like shouting and considered rude.
What you are posting do not make sense at all.
You can not test Platinum or other precious metals with Peroxide.
So please try again, and take it step by step so we can decode what you have and what you have done to it.
Yes you can test Platinum and Palladium with peroxide. ..I really had hopes for this site not to be infiltrated by either truly ignorant people who really don't know what they are talkin about, or, the war on true and correct information intenifies.

Sir, the periodic table has all the densities of the minerals under 'mass'.

Au 19.6
Ag 10.7
Cu 6.3
Ni 5.8

Would you dare to tell me I'm wrong?
Lol....

Yes you can test Platinum and Palladium with peroxide. ..I really had hopes for this site not to be infiltrated by either truly ignorant people who really don't know what they are talkin about, or, the war on true and correct information intenifies.

Au 19.6
Ag 10.7
Cu 6.3
Ni 5.8

Lol....
What are you talking about here?
Nobody asked for the SG of the pure metals.
So unless you tell us how you test for Platinum in an ore with Peroxide, I'm tempted to say you are wrong, Yes.

Au 19.6
Ag 10.7
Cu 6.3
Ni 5.8

Lol....
Although platinum and palladium catalyse H2O2 decomposition much stronger than other metals, l do not think it is a final identification

Last edited:
There are many substances that react with or behaves as catalysts for Peroxide.
So if that is considered a test, it will for all practical purposes only say that something reacts with the Peroxide.
For pure metals it is a different story, one might get some indications on the reaction speed compared to other metals.

It amazes me how much replies people get to a single sentence that makes no sense, is full of spelling errors and sometimes even does not give a single reaction to all the questions asked.
This linguist is from Burlington IA?

If you want to sell Platinum in the USA, maybe learn the english language first? This does not make a very good impression sir.

It amazes me how much replies people get to a single sentence that makes no sense, is full of spelling errors and sometimes even does not give a single reaction to all the questions asked.
This linguist is from Burlington IA?

If you want to sell Platinum in the USA, maybe learn the english language first? This does not make a very good impression sir.
I'm guessing that the last part is the phone number ;)

Posters on Craigslist often use that format in an attempt to avoid bots from recognizing it as a phone number.

Nicely decripted.
Then it would be a computer generated number. Mobile phones here start with 06. 097 is used for machine to machine services in the Netherlands.
Many years ago we had similar mobile numbers,
all started on 9 now it is much more mixed but the old directory numbers for land lines are still almost the same.
Like 22 for Oslo and 55 for Bergen, but I expect that to change in a not too distant future ;)

Well enough of this now!!
We have not heard back from our seller yet.
Lets wait for some feedback from the OP.

Although platinum and palladium catalyse H2O2 decomposition much stronger than other metals, l do not think it is a final identification
True....however that's easy to figure out.
Platinum density - 19.6 gc3
Palladium density -10.6
I have a lot of love for everyone, but its time my generation cleaned up all the lies and dis and misinformation the baby boomers have and still are leaving behind.
I loathe anyone who lies to keep someone down...here in Seattle, only 1 PLACE TELLS THE TRUTH.
Forgive the rant but I had to let loose. When Googles AI comes out soon (gonna be a shock) it will know anything and everything...
Its gonna expose all the soon to be diaper wearing M=&#^r *Fu#&%rs
Sorry for the rant but I was in a coin forum yesterday, and the debate about nickel and copper being the same density!! Such evil

True....however that's easy to figure out.
Platinum density - 19.6 gc3
Palladium density -10.6
I have a lot of love for everyone, but its time my generation cleaned up all the lies and dis and misinformation the baby boomers have and still are leaving behind.
I loathe anyone who lies to keep someone down...here in Seattle, only 1 PLACE TELLS THE TRUTH.
Forgive the rant but I had to let loose. When Googles AI comes out soon (gonna be a shock) it will know anything and everything...
Its gonna expose all the soon to be diaper wearing M=&#^r *Fu#&%rs
Sorry for the rant but I was in a coin forum yesterday, and the debate about nickel and copper being the same density!! Such evil
Hold on mate, put on the brakes now.
You need to get down to earth!
Nickel and Copper are quite close in density both around 8.9, so maybe you are the evil one?
I do not see how you can test an ore by knowing Pt is 21.45 and not 19.3 which is Gold.
It is infinitesimally small amount of PMs in an ore so density only tells approximately what mineral it is.

Unless you have more substantial info on how one can test an ore for PGMs with Peroxide I suggest you stop now.

All this platinum ore talk yet not a single picture, it only two pieces of stone i normally keep in my aquarium, but this is definetly platinum, picture does not make justice to this gorgeous stone. Funny note is that a bit of iron oxide started coming out on one side after all the time in water, yet the whole of it is filled with platings of platinum. I would take a better pic but not waking from bed rn 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20230329_172138.jpg
    IMG_20230329_172138.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
All this platinum ore talk yet not a single picture, it only two pieces of stone i normally keep in my aquarium, but this is definetly platinum, picture does not make justice to this gorgeous stone. Funny note is that a bit of iron oxide started coming out on one side after all the time in water, yet the whole of it is filled with platings of platinum. I would take a better pic but not waking from bed rn 😅
Why do you think it is Platinum?

Back