Poormans AR with liquid nitrate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Felix,
Welcome to GRF!

I suggested this KNO3 powder to David (GoldUser) a few days ago. He fears trouble with any authorities in Austria. I told him, that if it's sold as a spice, it iS a spice.
:D
I did not realize that. Now that's clear

Hi David,
the kno3 i bought on their website is labeled as pure without any spices added. First time i bought 1kg and as more and more chemicals become forbidden in the EU, i bought another 3kg. Should last a lifetime the way i use it. No cops showed up 😉 but this might be another reason to buy it directly from the supplier, so only one company might report you...
I can't tell you how it compares to nitric, as i myself can't get any, but i use it like you would use nitric, in small doses.
Cover your material with HCL, heat but don't boil it, add KNO3 and stir it a little.
Depending on my material, i start with a few gramms and when no more NOx fumes are produced, i add another small dose, like 2-3g, until everything has dissolved or rather no more reaction occurs.
One time i overshot quite a bit, NOx production went crazy and it boiled over. So i guess it can get pretty concentrated. Hope this helps.
Greetings Felix
Thanks that helps me a lot.
What are u doing with the potassium chloride?
David

Back