Process Consultant

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I work for a refinery and we would like to have all of our processes reviewed in order to implement a continuous process system. We would like to review; our assay lab (equipment, methods, QA etc), process loss adjustments, tolerances, slag, sweeps & stacks recovery procedures etc.

It will be a very detailed review. However, we are having difficulty finding someone that can work as an independent consultant to take on this project.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PM 4metals - my guess is he would be your man at first blush. Perhaps Harold_V or GoldSilverPro
or lazersteve as well.

Good luck with your venture!

I see you are new to this board, so welcome! There are both hobby backyard refiners and small professionals on this forum, as well as a few of us who know the game from the large refiners perspective. I do consulting to supplement my retirement but it's not why I've joined this board. I enjoy the different perspectives seen here from the little guy trying to process small lots cost effectively to the bigger guy trying to do the same.

You have not said what general area of the country (and I'm assuming the US) you're in or who you work for, or even what you do at the refinery. If you have a reasonable technical background we can make this thread an educational tool for all of our members and your boss can benefit as well.

If you've spent some time reading posts here you will see that there is a good deal of refining knowledge on this forum. (And with what is going on in the precious metals industry it is wise of you to review your processes.) I suggest you read a few of the posts that either interest you or in which you have some degree of background, and then let us know how your company handles that same issue. From there you can get feedback which may help your company all the while no-one knows what company you represent. This way members of the forum can benefit and you can see if what you're doing already is in need of improvement or not. It's a cost free way to gauge where you are at in the refining world and there are plenty of knowledgeable people here who can and will chime in.

Latest posts

Back