processing pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big red 211

I decided that my first processing experiance should be with pins. I ended up with about 4oz of them, the connector was removed with a chisel and the pins were pulled out of the connector after that. Then I put them in some acid peroxide. It's been almost a week and I've gotten a little bit of grey dust but that's it. I think that's what is suppose to happen since it's desolving the base metals right? But it seems like it's going really slowly. I was just wondering how long the gold took to seperate from pins? All I did was put the pins/acid into a glass jar and I stir it a few times a day.

yup, that's what supposed to happen, this gray dust/white powder is copper chloride.

ther's A-LOT of info here on how to speed up this process

The answers you are looking for are contingent on multiple things,that you did not specify.
How much acid,how much peroxide,was it covered,did you filter,did you add percipitant or decant?
You can't expect a doctor to give a diagnosis by walking in and saying your arm hurts.
Take some time and research the forum,and steve's "AP" videos http://www.goldrecovery.us/site.asp .You can run the pins the same way,but it will take longer due to the lower surface to mass ratio and you will have filter much more thoroughly.But above all.......search the forum.
Johnny

I was doing it just like Steve's finger video. It's just taking a lot longer so I wasn't sure if I was doing it right. That makes me feel a lot better now. Thanks

Thank you so much guys.I really needed it.I can't begin to describe how bad my day was yesterday,and I fear it is going to be worse today.But You know how much I love placing my mind into the forum where I can escape the worries of the day.Thanks again guys that meant so very much!
Johnny

Man you guys are the best.My day was,and still is in many ways,very bad and right now hard to deal with.But I jumped on my phone at lunch and saw all the happy birthdays and got a huge smile on my face and tears in my eyes.
You guys made me feel so happy.I can't stay,I'm still trying to deal with a minor heartbreak but you know me,I'll be back on as soon as I can.
Thanks again everyone.
Johnny

Latest posts

Back