Proofing my learning and current technique with Silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZiegenSauger

Dearest,

If anyone have comment, critique, recommendation, advice it would be much appreciated, indeed!!

As I moved to a phase where I am successfully recovering and refining Au/PGM both with chemicals and Cu/Ni, this weekend even a small quantity of re-refining was successful (learned a lot from y'alls and from my mistakes), I am now double down on my Ag technique.

During my studies and second wave of practice, I started working with Ag. I managed to pour two bars of 4Ozt each, recovering Ag from scrap plated silverware from thrifts and home.

Today most of my Ag is byproduct of something. To have an idea, it would be the "other stockpot" (the main one is for Au/PGM, I thing it is the standard, this one is for whatever waste is left I guess there is Ag).

I am OK with recovering and refining Ag. Either Nitric, filter, Table Salt or HCL, lye, sugar; or incineration, demagnetization, Nitric, Copper. Seamlessly working for me, no surprises.

So I am proofing what I do trying new or alternative processes as continued learning and also to probe or experiment with my academic plus the newly acquired practice knowledge.

For example, using Sulfuric Acid, and this weekend trying the following.

My alternate stockpot looks like what we find in outhouses (sorry for the graphic). So, usually, I decant, dry, incinerate, demagnetize, and so forth.
Today I am treating with HCl, washing, washing, washing. then treating with different concentrations of AP, then washing washing washing. Dry and voilá.

Please dont take into consideration the economics of the deal, just about putting my learnings from the book, from the forum to work, and trying to be sort of bold to assess my progress.

Any issue you guys might find here where my final product might still be contaminated or something?

All feedbacks are way more than welcomed!!

Cheers

ZZ

Back