Question about iridium metal

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muhammad Shahzad

Hi avery one
I m from Delhi the capital of India.
I searching the price of iridium in Google but there isn't any satisfy answer. So anyone tell me the accurate price of iridium

Thanks

It matters little what the spot price is with certain metals , you may do better searching for iridium buyers and find out what they are paying but unless you have volumes the price may well be low compared to spot price.

It matters little what the spot price is with certain metals , you may do better searching for iridium buyers and find out what they are paying but unless you have volumes the price may well be low compared to spot price.
That is completely true for all these off the the track, rare metals, they even may be listed and no one will sell or buy unless you have sufficient volumes to move.

Iridium is very hard to sell for better than laughable price. At least here. It does not even made the difference that we had very appreciable ammount of it. If you find someone who is interested in buying iridium, let me know :)

What's correct price for Iridium?
As has been said earlier in this thread, it is hard to find a correct price.
The correct price is what someone is willing to pay if you are able to sell at all.
To sell, one might need many kilograms or maybe more.
Todays spot price is 4900$ per Ozt

As has been said earlier in this thread, it is hard to find a correct price.
The correct price is what someone is willing to pay if you are able to sell at all.
To sell, one might need many kilograms or maybe more.
Todays spot price is 4900$ per Ozt
Yeas, but i mean for him a correct price...i can buy kilos of Ir...if price is correct for me...4900 per Oz is too high...
At that price off curse you cant find many buyers.

Yeas, but i mean for him a correct price...i can buy kilos of Ir...if price is correct for me...4900 per Oz is too high...
Well it is official spot price at one of the markets.
A few years back it was 600 ish :rolleyes:(y)

The spot price is because some people praise iridium as the holy grail of investment.
A mix of greedy, fantasy and wishful thinking.
I think that is not necessary so, Iridium is a very attractive metal in respect to high temp casting and other application.
The current price hike started around when Apple planned to transition to Sapphire glass on all its devices.
Iridium is probably the only metal capable of handling the massive heat and stress of molten Sapphire,
coupled with the resistance to oxygen in that temperatures.
This was something I saw explained somewhere by an inside entity.

After that initial price hike some investors may have jumped on the wagon to exploit the situation.
My guess ;)

Definitely too high, especially when it's still gotta be sent by you to another refiner.

The price is high because its main use is OLEDs and Sapphire and now they're going to be using it in water electrolysis at a massive scale...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360319921016219
Price will go up more in the future. It's not very well recycled.

Iridium is very hard to sell for better than laughable price. At least here. It does not even made the difference that we had very appreciable ammount of it. If you find someone who is interested in buying iridium, let me know :)
I maybe able to help you . How much do you have? I will also need to know what form it is in and the source

I could give it a try. DM.

I maybe able to help you . How much do you have? I will also need to know what form it is in and the source
I could give it a try. DM.
Sorry guys for late response. I actually does not own the material myself ( I am just person who generally help with refining, not the "boss"), and owner decided to keep it for now, collect more and then negotiate with big companies. Personally, I do not have ammounts to be considered sellable, few grams of Ir in form of PtIr10 alloy. But in the future, new Ir material will probably came to us - and then I will surely contact you and we will see if we can work it out :)

Thank you for your kind help :) I very appreciate it.

It is thought that iridium in 2023, can reach a price of 4,800 usd/oz, so we must know how to separate it from the other PGMs, the demand is increasing because it is used in the generation of HYDROGEN.

Back