Question about YouTube video

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alabama938

I’m trying to figure out what I missing here… I’ve seen so many posts about AR, excess nitric, and urea creating a huge mess. This guy put 10 pounds of whole boards in AR using 1.5L nitric and urea to ‘neutralize’ excess. I guess what I’m trying to ask is how did this actually work… AR seems to create terrible solutions from untreated escrap. Is it because he used such a huge excess of acid the pH was unaltered as the reaction progressed and so everything stayed in solution relatively well? Just curious, these videos boggle my mind sometimes… this exact chain of reactions is like half of the please help my gold won’t drop threads

Well this guy, Trinity, I think he called himself, posted quite a few questions all followed by a video like this one.

I can't recall he ever replied to any answers or commented on the replies he got.

I have not seen him in a while.
But my personal impression was that he just wanted to push his videos.

I might be wrong though.

AR is not meant to process whole scrap. When you're talking about precious metals, AR is really only for dissolving gold AFTER all the other metals have been removed. Once you reach that point, you should use small incremental doses of Nitric, using just enough to dissolve the gold you have. Then there's nothing left to neutralize and a lot less waste solution to deal with. If you want to see these processes performed in great detail with pretty good explanations of the hows and whys, I highly recommend Sreetips on YouTube.

Back