RAM(mixed) gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity358

Processes to mix RAM, gold recovery from 4 kilo mix RAM I got 2.53g of gold... Is it perfect result my gold recovery process?
Here is my RAM processing video.

https://youtu.be/CjRM63-QGpU

Please advice me as possible...
Thanks dear Forum

Well I did not see your video yet.
I'm on the move just now.

But it may be wise to rephrase your post, there are no such thing as perfect in the real world :wink:
Only in the world of theory are there such a thing as perfection, but we should always strive to get as close as we can.

If it is something like your previous videos, there will be many parts that could be improved.

If I'm not beaten by others I may comment later.

Trinity358 said:
Processes to mix RAM, gold recovery from 4 kilo mix RAM I got 2.53g of gold... Is it perfect result my gold recovery process?

Thanks dear Forum

Hi

If you recover only 2.5g from 4kg that means 0.6g gold per kg of RAM, based on my experience I got 0.9g to 1g gold per kg of golden edge RAMs.
So if your mix was mostly golden ones I think your result is a little lower.

Hello everyone, two questions: if you are going to include the ram with your fingers in the same batch; Why do you cut them? And if you bathe them in AR without removing the tin, where is the metastanic acid?

Paco.

i saw the video and the results that's a nice result already and i'm sure that you will do better than that next time, you can also just remove the chips with heat then put everything in HCL cause some of very little solders joints on the ram body are gold plated ( just beneath the chips after removal and they are many) as well but anyway that's a good results , you're a champ :) :)

Adrian2 said:
i saw the video and the results that's a nice result already and i'm sure that you will do better than that next time, you can also just remove the chips with heat then put everything in HCL cause some of very little solders joints on the ram body are gold plated ( just beneath the chips after removal and they are many) as well but anyway that's a good results , you're a champ :) :)

Dear Adrian,

I'm grateful your informative reply and more then confident for next batch of RAM...
Thanks 💙😇

Trinity358 said:

Thanks dear Forum

Fun stuff, same as your previous youtube link about BGA - I guess there is a charm in brute forcing it ;) and you make wet ashing look easy. Hokes probably spinning in her grave, though....

I am no expert but I think you are losing some of your gold, not getting 100% recovery...

Also can I make a request: could you please make a video on what should I do with waste acid (h2so4, aqua regia waste) and washing water? I'd wach it, and so would probably a lot of members here - think about it - free views!!!!

niks neims said:
Trinity358 said:

Thanks dear Forum

Fun stuff, same as your previous youtube link about BGA - I guess there is a charm in brute forcing it ;) and you make wet ashing look easy. Hokes probably spinning in her grave, though....

I am no expert but I think you are losing some of your gold, not getting 100% recovery...

Also can I make a request: could you please make a video on what should I do with waste acid (h2so4, aqua regia waste) and washing water? I'd wach it, and so would probably a lot of members here - think about it - free views!!!!
Nick, I have to commend your positive approach and attempt to get an answer that does not only reply to positive posts by really new members.
Let's see if he's about getting feedback on his question and improving his methods or just pushing videos. I really like his electric furnace! Nice setup.

I watched the video.

I was not impressed, to be honest I thought it to be very wasteful, generating gallons and gallons of toxic waste needlessly, with a high potential of gold lose or profit in the waste products, I did not find the video educational, or giving me any clue of how to recover or refine metals from electronic scrap efficiently, safely, and effectively.

I see many areas for improvement, and places to make changes to get better yields, to work more safely, and to lower the requirements of having to treat and dispose or copious amounts of waste generated needlessly.

The little bit of gold may be a lure, but from what I can tell it is not pure, and you lost some gold in your techniques to recover that gold.

Hot ashing in this case is just plain wasteful. Terribly dangerous.
The leaching of circuit boards is not working as well as you expect it to be.
I do not see anything in this video that I would recommend someone to learn from it, in fact if I recommended it, it would only be to show them some things in it that they should not be doing.

I say study to find better methods, and study to improve your safety practices, study to improve your results.

Back