really need help with process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you sample the slag? Did you crush the slag? Those results seem mighty high. Can you give more details about the fluxes or reducing agents the assayer used on the sample? There are similar ore samples being circulated to refiners being called "complex ore". Do you know any history of the operation that generated the slag?

4metals, you're way too kind! Seem mighty high, you say? How about impossibly high?

Dmonnich, when is the last time you, or anyone, saw an assay that shows high platinum group metals, in concentrates from the US?

My money says there is NO gold or platinum (or precious little, at best). Somebody, somewhere, is being taken for a serious ride. (Sorry, I'm the world's worst skeptic and don't believe one word of the claim.)

In my opinion, dmonnich needs to take a good look at the assay he received, then determine how someone is attempting to profit from providing bogus results-----or he needs to have a fire assay performed. I expect his was not.

I no longer refine, so I am unable to process a sample-----but it would be in everyone's best interest if a sample was provided to someone that is capable of performing the necessary fire assay. It all is simply too good to be true. Imagine, recovering zinc, and tossing gold! Makes no sense.

Harold

What was the assay process?
There's a lot to be said for a fire assay. If it proves positive, you likely have the metals. If it doesn't, and the assay was entrusted to someone with excellent credentials, you probably don't have.

I started playing with precious metals in the early 70's. The ongoing scam then, and probably now, is an ore (or concentrate) that reputedly assays extremely high in precious metals, particularly the platinum group, but they are labeled as "immature", not showing up in a fire assay, but easily recovered with the necessary witchcraft.

It would be interesting to know the process used in making the determination. The value of the material you speak of exceeds $500,000 ton. I'm having more than a little trouble with the idea that it was processed for zinc, likely worth no more then 25¢/pound, with the balance of the values placed on the back burner. Simply makes no sense.

Harold

Latest posts

Back