Refine 10 tons per month!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topher_osAUrus said:
But, I dont think anyone here just decided one day "oh, I'm going to be a refiner, first, let me get my equipment, then I'll buy a bunch of scrap, then I'll learn how to do it.

Yeah that's kind of how it happened. :mrgreen:
Though not quiet 10 tons worth!

In your first post, you say 'I am from a third world country' which third world country? Also how are you going to get 10 tonnes a month in a third world country? Does your third world country even have 10 tonnes of scrap? I live in the uk and I wouldn't even like to source that amount of scrap.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

hazemhxz1 said:
I visited china looking for ewaste gold deplating system I paid deposit for a system . ------------------- Should i refine scrap ceramic Cpu ?!I want to import large quantities of CPUs rams or mother boards

hazemhxz1

Per the underlined --- you say you put a deposit on a "gold de-plating system"

Then you ask what material you should buy to run in that de-plating system (CPUs &/or RAM &/or mother boards)

the answer to your question is NONE of those items & here is why

In the first place - if the system is in fact a de-plating system - then it is most likely a cyanide stripping system run along with an electro winning system for recovering the gold from the cyanide stripping solution

Soooo ----

CPUs - it (the system) will strip the gold plating from the pins & the gold plated lids if they are ceramic CPUs with gold plated lids - BUT - it will NOT get the gold from the braze used to braze the pins & the lids to the CPUs - it will also NOT get the gold from the gold bonding wires in the cavity of "some" CPUs & it will NOT get the gold plating "under" the silicon die in the cavity of the CPUs

That means the system is NOT going to get ALL the gold - you will only get half (or less) of the gold

RAM - the gold de-plating system is ONLY going to get the exposed gold (the gold you can see) plated on the RAM boards (some RAM has gold plating that is NOT exposed - under the green solder mask etc.) - it will NOT get the gold bonding wires "inside" the IC chips of the RAM

So - again you are only going to get half (or less) of the gold

Mother boards - the de-plating system is flat out NOT made to recover gold form mother boards &/or most other CBs (Circuit Boards) --- unless they are CBs that have gold plating - AND - have NEVER had anything else soldered &/or attached to them

The point is --- there is MORE gold in E-waste - then just the plating

AND - the other point is - don't you think you should LEARN where the gold is in E-waste - AND the "different" processes for getting ALL that gold --- BEFORE you go buying a system that is only going to get half (or less) of the gold - AND --- BEFORE you go spending LOTS of money on LARGE volumes of material that the VERY expensive system you are buying is not designed to recover ALL the gold from :?: :?: :?:

What the others are trying to tell you is - you are spending (or planning to spend) a LOT of money on something BEFORE you even know anything about what it is you are spending money on --- YOU just are not liking the answers you are get - even though the answers you are get are in fact the right answers

Kurt

hazemhxz1

As an added note to get you on the right page concerning the "values" of e-waste

Besides the fact that there is more value "in gold" then "just" the gold plating

There is ALSO the value of the copper - silver & palladium

a de-plating system will not get all the gold from e-waste & it will not get any of those other values

Kurt

He's got the gold bug, nothing he hears or reads that doesn't agrees with his assumptions sticks.

Just remove this thread.

Göran

hatem / hazem, you are right. You are done here. We don't appreciate people registering under multiple names, cluttering up the forum with the same questions under different identities, then deleting their posts. That is a violation of our forum rules and has earned you a permanent ban.

I've combined the two threads and moved them to the Rogues Gallery.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Dave

Back