Refinery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jag29

Hi I'm jag29 and I'm wondering where do refineries sell gold? especially small refineries. I have no clue I'm new to gold refining but me and my gf decided to own one in the future after I go to Nigeria for a couple months.. I see alot of electrolysis procedures and regular but I understand they all make gold.. but where and how should I go about this should I seek a business advocate.!?!

You got the bug, don't fall for any scams. Especially from Nigeria.

Judging from your posts you don't have any experience and knowledge. What you are saying is akin to "Me and my girlfriend has decided that we want to own a car repair shop. We don't know a lot but we heard that here is a lot welding techniques. Should we get a business lawyer?"

Read Hoke's, go through the library section of the forum, buy some overpriced fingers on eBay and recover the gold from it (you will loose money but gain experience). Buy some scrap carat gold and silver to experiment on. It will give you more experience.

And when you have done all that, a year or two down the line you should still not go to Nigeria for anything else than visiting relatives. All deals involving precious metals or money based in Nigeria are scams and traveling there only delivers a kidnapping victim to the crooks doorstep.

Göran

Hmm the question is where do refineries sell too like major ones and if I should get a business advocate... We are going there for wild life and her friends are there I also have a friend there.

Those may be questions you may wish to ask of the Nigerian government authorities in order to find out what is legal in their country concerning the laws of the gold trade there, before jumping into the business.

Jumping into the gold trade and refining precious metals of a foreign country like Nigeria without an understanding of the dangers, the pitfalls, and legality aspects sound like you and your wife would be dancing with the devil in the details, something I would be very careful about getting caught up into.

The big refineries can sell direct onto the market as their bars are accepted as are, smaller companies either find consumers or sell to the big boys but at a discount to spot depending on volumes, the other problem for smaller refiners is the spot can drop more than their profit margin in one fix so they need to arrange to sell as they buy either that or have very very deep pockets.

nickvc said:
The big refineries can sell direct onto the market as their bars are accepted as are, smaller companies either find consumers or sell to the big boys but at a discount to spot depending on volumes, the other problem for smaller refiners is the spot can drop more than their profit margin in one fix so they need to arrange to sell as they buy either that or have very very deep pockets.

Thanks that's all I was wondering.. it wasn't anything towards Nigeria.

butcher said:
Those may be questions you may wish to ask of the Nigerian government authorities in order to find out what is legal in their country concerning the laws of the gold trade there, before jumping into the business.

Jumping into the gold trade and refining precious metals of a foreign country like Nigeria without an understanding of the dangers, the pitfalls, and legality aspects sound like you and your wife would be dancing with the devil in the details, something I would be very careful about getting caught up into.

Well if I went to Nigeria to do gold trade yes this is true infact but I'm only cautious in the first place and you can only bring 10k on the plane and can't ship cash through the mail so it'll be difficult anyways.

Jag29 said:
butcher said:

Well if I went to Nigeria to do gold trade yes this is true infact but I'm only cautious in the first place and you can only bring 10k on the plane and can't ship cash through the mail so it'll be difficult anyways.

Also it doesn't sound like a bad idea to do this by myself but ik to be cautious maybe my friend knows miners or something.

Latest posts

Back