Refining and recovery with sound waves

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agold2019

I have recently taken back up an in interest learning how to refine circuit boards correctly and most efficiently and safely. I first started out thinking to do the high grade and start as a hobby and use chemicals.

Then I had met a man who is a self proclaimed inventor. He had pitched an idea at me to shred the boards to a fine mesh and use sound to separate the metals. He gave me a small example of how it worked. I have been waiting on him to do this venture but as some of you know I took the liberty to do my own testing with chemicals in the mean time.

I gave him some material to practice with and the shredder has broke and apparently has been waiting for the part since. It’s not really a rush for me as it is more of a goal to learn at this point than something I plan to make a ton of money from. If I do great. If I don’t it would be cool to make some gold and metals for myself.

Maybe this line of threads has better advice on what I am trying to accomplish or what I should look into.

I doubt a sound method will result. Honestly, I would sooner try a wave table, well classified, but even that is limited in practical use.

Agold2019 said:
I have recently taken back up an in interest learning how to refine circuit boards correctly and most efficiently and safely. I first started out thinking to do the high grade and start as a hobby and use chemicals.

Then I had met a man who is a self proclaimed inventor. He had pitched an idea at me to shred the boards to a fine mesh and use sound to separate the metals. He gave me a small example of how it worked. I have been waiting on him to do this venture but as some of you know I took the liberty to do my own testing with chemicals in the mean time.

I gave him some material to practice with and the shredder has broke and apparently has been waiting for the part since. It’s not really a rush for me as it is more of a goal to learn at this point than something I plan to make a ton of money from. If I do great. If I don’t it would be cool to make some gold and metals for myself.

Maybe this line of threads has better advice on what I am trying to accomplish or what I should look into.

Any new information on this?

Back