Refining Gold from Junk Jewelry

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Experimentor

Hi everyone. I'm new at trying to harvest gold from junk jewelry, possibly computer parts and am wondering if it is possible to actually make a profit. Of course I think it will be fun as a hobby anyway but from watching Youtube videos it seems making profit doable. How about some of your experiences?

Well, it's possible, but it's sort of like asking if you can make a profit by buying old cars, doing some work, then selling them on at a profit. Or flipping houses. Or buying and selling anything else, hoping that you can add some value along the way to increase your profits. In any pursuit, your knowledge of the business, and your ability to add value are key to whether you can make a profit.

Some people can source enough material at good enough prices that they can just sell it on and make a profit. Others have to put more work into it, sorting and cherry picking, and perhaps refining.

I could write a lot more, but that's my general answer to your general question.

Dave

Back