Revenue for refinery?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I JUST got off the phone with a gentleman from SIPI. I'm thinking of sending a load up there. As of an hour ago, there is a $750 fee on all loads unless the load is over 750lbs. What is sounds like, is that if you want yield data on a certain material type then you need to have at least 750lbs or pay the underweight fee. If you have copper bars with PMs, there seems to be another avenue completely which bypasses the weight requirement. He mentioned that they do pay out on copper, gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. Those payouts were all over 97%, if I recall correctly. There was also a 45 day turnaround from material drop off to payment which included the yield data from each load. I was told I would have a proposal with all the details today EOB. Of course, this proposal is what really matters. They seem accommodating as long as you specify exactly what you want. They also agreed to do a free sample of 3lbs to see how the whole thing goes. When I think of all the costs(both financial and safety) associated with processing it myself, the choice seems clear. We'll see if this varies any from the incoming proposal.

Oh... I'm still keeping the CPU's. I'm not going to let someone else have all the fun :p

What other companies have you used?

Hey just wanted to give you a heads up on a New refinery based out of miami called DK Metals. I have been doing business with this company for the past year and they have been paying out maximum $ value.

Their site is dkmetals

Goldmiami,

There is a section of the forum for this type of info, don't be surprised when a moderator moves your post to that section.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=84

Posts like this in any other sections of the forum and it will be treated as spam and it will disappear.

Other than that, welcome to the forum.

Jim

Acid_Bath76 said:
I JUST got off the phone with a gentleman from SIPI. I'm thinking of sending a load up there. As of an hour ago, there is a $750 fee on all loads unless the load is over 750lbs. What is sounds like, is that if you want yield data on a certain material type then you need to have at least 750lbs or pay the underweight fee. If you have copper bars with PMs, there seems to be another avenue completely which bypasses the weight requirement. He mentioned that they do pay out on copper, gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. Those payouts were all over 97%, if I recall correctly. There was also a 45 day turnaround from material drop off to payment which included the yield data from each load. I was told I would have a proposal with all the details today EOB. Of course, this proposal is what really matters. They seem accommodating as long as you specify exactly what you want. They also agreed to do a free sample of 3lbs to see how the whole thing goes. When I think of all the costs(both financial and safety) associated with processing it myself, the choice seems clear. We'll see if this varies any from the incoming proposal.

Oh... I'm still keeping the CPU's. I'm not going to let someone else have all the fun :p

Awesome man, gonna be watching this thread. I've got a couple questions for you, as I'm going down this road for the first time sometime this year as well, also with SIPI.

What exactly do you want that you have to specify?
Do you think the 3lb sample is going to be an accurate reflection of your load? Do you get to pick the 3 lbs that you have sampled? Do they do the sample run for you when you drop off?

looks like a lot of people on this forum use sipi looks like a great company to deal with :)
i did a quick search (google) came up with colt,tbs any feed back on these guys ?

thompson69 said:
Looks like its worthless to collect MLCC capasitors from motherboards, palladium content is incredible low todays boards . Gold content is less than 0.1g / motherboard. I think most gold is from south/northbridges. Very informative post, thank you.

Keep in mind that most of the PCB's people are taking in to be refined do not include RAM and Processors and they are a major part of the palladium content in a computer.

All,

Currently, I am in Singapore to have meeting with founder and managing director of Cimelia refining which recycle and refine from ewaste. I will post developments.

Rgds
Kevin

Joeforbes said:
Here is a settlement from sipi metals for a lot of motherboards. The total value of the lot at spot price on the day we settled was $12,456.20, and we were paid $9,789.50. At today's spot prices, the total value is $11,640.22.

That means this lot of mixed motherboards is worth $5.53 per pound at today's price. No where close to the £15,000 ($24,250.50) you're claiming Chiptech81, in fact, not even half as much value.

was this mixed motherboards only ?
or did it contain other boards/cards ??

thank you

SIPI does not pay out on platinum, I seeked a full accountablity and only got Gold, SIlver,Palidium and copper am I missing something and also asked for My slag back.

Acid_Bath76 said:

What makes you think there's enough Pt in there to be paid on?

I highly doubt Sipi does the refining (especially on Pd, Pt and probably Ag).

SIPI does not refine their own silver, they ship to a silver refiner.

I also came across Joe Forbes comment on SIPI being around for 105 years and building quite a reputation.

I can think of two refineries that had also been around for 100 years or so, had good reputations and suddenly disappeared, among some bad rumors. Handy and Harman and Eastern Smelting and Refining.

I am just saying, just because a refiner has a good reputation, that doesn't mean you should not rep your materials. In God we Trust, in others we check.

does anyone know of a refiner in uk that will refine for you and pay on pm found ..other than just buy boards at a set price per tonne

It depends on the kind of quantities you have. How much product are you collecting?

Jon

i run a computer recycling company in birmingham and get a lot of it and always just sold to AWA for a set price per tonne and always thought we could do better

We never used AWA because they were a middle man only as you quite rightly pointed out.

We're in the same business but based in Harrogate. We also get tonnes of the stuff. Feel free to drop me a pm and we can talk as we're dealing with end refiners.

Jon

We have been doing refinery loads for most of 2020. Our totals have been ok but not horribly high. I am finding that sources of high grade boards are drying up quickly. Any advice on places to find better grade boards? I have been paying around 4.00-5.00 per lb on average and making 1.00 to 1.50 per lb normally in 1000-1500 lb processing lots.

Back