Reverse electroplating

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldmember123

Ok thank you to all the people that have been giving me feedback im gonna try to keep this short but im new to this reverse electroplating iv been studying about this off and on for a couple of years in between all my other projects and iv been discouraged on more then one occasion but i like this field its fun and creative and iv been studying not just the mothds but i have been studying the safety as well because safety is my number one priority ! So i got only 10 pounds of mother boards, 11 pounds of gold plated pins and like 6 pounds of what i call gold tape ! and i collected this by just scrapping broken tvs cell phone dvr players blue ray players any electronics that had gold pins and mother baords ! and i didnt pay a penny for any of it because people are always throwing away broken electronics ! so how much weight in gold plated mother boards or gold plated pins do i need to Generate a 20 thousand dollar pay check ? And what kind of motherboards should i purchase ? And where can i and who is a good source to buy enough motherboards to generate a 20 thousand dollar pay chech ?????

so how much weight in gold plated mother boards or gold plated pins do i need to Generate a 20 thousand dollar pay check ? And what kind of motherboards should i purchase ?
You can go thru this list...
http://boardsort.com/payout.php
it shows how much Boardsort pays for the different types of e-scrap in order for him to make a profit.
If you look thru the MB's prices, you could get and idea of how many pounds of boards you'll need to buy in order to hit a $20,000 profit!

One part of your questions has been answered by phil.
Reverse plating will only work with certain types of material like pins or solid metal pieces with plating on and to do that process you need to use concentrated sulphuric acid, very unpleasant and dangerous if not handled properly.
Motherboards are probably best processed by using AP the details for this process are well documented here on the forum.
Forget getting a $20,000 paycheck anytime soon unless you have at least that and probably more to buy product to process and generate that much profit plus the skills and equipment to do so.
To put your dream into perspective much e scrap like low grade boards will yield 0.1 to 0.5 grams a kilo some like pins or chips maybe 2 to 5 grams or possibly more if you are lucky and returns depend on the skill and knowledge of the operator.
You can make good money if you can source the scrap and have the necessary skills to recover and refine it but finding that source can and is harder in most cases then learning the processes you will need to know to process it.
It can be done but it will take time effort and a lot of reading and learning the processes you will need to employ.

Back