Rob666

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob666

hello I am new to this forum. I have been recycling and working with precious metals for some time now. For me it all started when I was selling a silver spoon at the local gold and silver exchange and the person in front ofme had a bunch of silver contacts and I saw that he got like $500 for a cup full and when I asked the owner he said it was electrical contacts and that electricians bring them in all the time. Fast forward about a year I had some crossbars from an old telecom setup with some wire spring relays and thought the contacts were silver until I had them tested and found out they were palladium and over the years I have sold about close to 30 ounces of palladium although never did I get anything close to spot price mainly because they were contacts. Then fast forward a couple more years and I came across my first hammond and now about 4 Hammonds later 1 wurlitzer 2 conns and about 5 others that I can't remember the name of here i am I was especially proud of my latest score I was given a conn 720 or 721 can't remember which one but the busbars were solid silver and altogether weighed a couple grams short of 800 grams.

Hello Rob! Glad to see you made it to the forum. There is a lot of info here on PM's and how to refine them to a purified state. I have been collecting scrap electronics for a couple years now, and I find this forum to be very helpful to identify components that may contain PM's.
In the future, I will use the information here to help me to recover and refine the gold so I can finally hold my first gold button. Hopefully that happens this year. I'm getting anxious:)

Good Luck!
mike

Back