Route 66 and a long trip.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost forgot about these stupid things. But instead I got a flat tire last night. Changed it out only to get another flat on the other tire. I had 2 spare tubes that had slime in them for this reason.
Does anyone have advice on these? I honestly don't think there is such thing. :(

Attachments

• 20210908_111051.jpg
    20210908_111051.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 128
I had that as my background for a long time too. Laptop died. I haven't bothered to replace the default background on the new one.

You really do have an eye to capitalize on the perfect opportunity. I've said it before, you really should look into selling your work.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
I had that as my background for a long time too. Laptop died. I haven't bothered to replace the default background on the new one.

You really do have an eye to capitalize on the perfect opportunity. I've said it before, you really should look into selling your work.

Dave

You sure have! Thanks Dave ❤

acpeacemaker said:
FrugalRefiner said:

Dave

UPDATE ???

I'm still in El Paso and will be for a short bit. Needing to see where a relationship is going to be.

This is part of Mexico's mountains. (Im right on the border)

On a side note though. Are there any Range Rover fans on here? I know there's a lot of people that either hate them or love them. I used to work on a lot of them in Colorado. But i'm thinking of buying one here and ditching the bike. Still thought of buying a custom chopper but haven't seen anything I like.

But on the RR. I've been going to a lot of car lots in the evenings. (They are everywhere) But I don't really want the whole sales associate speech yet and im paying cash. My question though is. Whats the real difference on the 3.0l supercharged v6 compared to the 3.0 v8. I'm looking at 2019-2020. Other than one is a 6 and the 8. I know the sports ive found are the supercharged v6. But the autobiography can be an 8. Which can be around another $40k+

Andrew

Attachments

• 20210913_143751.jpg
    20210913_143751.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 90
Gold said:
acpeacemaker said:
FrugalRefiner said:

Dave

UPDATE ???

Haha sorry, ive been busy with a kid I have here. I'll be in this general area for about 2 more weeks. :)

Gold said:
Buy a Toyota! Save your money!

LOL, all I heard was go buy the 94 Supra I always wanted. 😂😂😂
Actually, I was looking at some really nice 4Runners not long ago. I like the beefy ones of course. I had a T-100 that lived forever.

Keep the bike if you buy the Range Rover. You will need it to continue your travels.

That’s one of those things you lease.

Heck, screw the 4runner. Get a Land Cruiser and be done with it.

Source: I was stupid enough to have newer model RRs.

Lou said:
Keep the bike if you buy the Range Rover. You will need it to continue your travels. LOL

That’s one of those things you lease.
True, I could agree with that. I did have an 80's model on lift used for crawling, but nothing like the over expensive and new.
Heck, screw the 4runner. Get a Land Cruiser and be done with it.
I have wondered about these but never known anyone to have one. They do look sharp, I just dont know anything about them.
Source: I was stupid enough to have newer model RRs.
Just curious which model? When I worked on them. 9 out of 10 times it was always the Land Rover Discovery. The bottom end of the list really seemed to be just that as far as break downs. Even on small parts

As some that know this area...it's like 90% cartel. Not even exaggerated. There's a lot of military warnings that talk about you shouldn't be out after 10 etc. If you aren't military you are in sort of the yellow. If they find out you are military, welp...it can get bad real fast.
Me though. I'm just friendly with anyone or try to be. I took a homeless guy shopping and and tried to make him feel like he was worth something. It's just how I am. Try to mix life up a little bit.

I'm going peridot hunting over the next 3-4 days. Wish me luck. :)

Attachments

• 20210917_191213.png
    20210917_191213.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 117
  • 20210917_193806.jpg
    20210917_193806.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 117
Haven't had many exciting pics yet. Locations of fun destinations are underway. But, got done eating dinner earlier to come out to a parking lot and watch one of my favorite things. Lightning. Just my camera phone with these though...

Attachments

• 20210927_000323.jpg
    20210927_000323.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210927_000258.jpg
    20210927_000258.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210927_000837.jpg
    20210927_000837.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 90
Well things are starting to get interesting. I didn't know I'd be on a car and truck buying mission. I have come across this multiple times now. It just keeps calling me. Saying please use your painting magic. I'm going to make an offer on it tomorrow as the guy wants 10k obo. It's in pretty decent shape. 401 v8 1962 Buick LeSabre

Andrew

Attachments

• 20211006_131117.jpg
    20211006_131117.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20211006_193215.jpg
    20211006_193215.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
FrugalRefiner said:
I can appreciate anything that's almost as old as me and can still get down the road. :)

I assume the racoon tail is included. :lol:

Dave

I feel like I need an overhaul due about 10 years ago myself. 🤔

Yes tail included! Lol. It probably won't stay after what I have in mind though. :)

Andrew

Kinda at a loss on this one. I set a base area that I have checked everyday and stayed at. It's massive rock piles that is mostly 40-50 lb ankle breakers. But nestled in the middle I have cleared a pit. I have 3 bags I leave here if I need them. 80lb carry all that has a lot of food type stuff. A regular bag with clothes, and then a day bag that is lightweight I carry battery packs and anything else. So being a kid from the sticks, dealing with animals has been just a common thing for me. Whether bear, deer, dogs, or anything. I have a heavy duty tarp I was rolling my bags up in and then literally stacking those very same 40-50lb rocks on top. (Completely covered.)It's done its job very well....until tonight...

I just got back cause I needed a few things and realized several of those large rocks were moved. The tarp Completely chewed through. A backpack completely chewed through. A new family size bag of cheesy chips chewed through. But none eaten? Okay then there was a piece of plastic that I found that had chocolate on it.

What baffles me is these rocks are so heavy. I know dogs can move a lot of weight being the right kind but still emphasizing how heavy these are. Plus why wouldn't it eat the chips? All my dogs have loved these kind... plus I haven't seen one dog. Maybe one stray chihuahua the entire time. Only other animal I can think of is a fox. But not with this kind of weight.

Andrew

Attachments

• 20211008_224446.jpg
    20211008_224446.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20211008_224502.jpg
    20211008_224502.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
Back