Royally screwed !

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes definitely expect small crystals as ams said. After a few days they should beef up. The power supply your using is basically the same as mine, it should work with no issues.

Looks like your getting it sorted out. That’s great.

To help visualize the connections and anodes this is what i use..

Try to go 10 gauge. I have found even at low amps 14 gauge heads up and start to drop voltage at the cell.

You can pour a small bar with a piece of silver hammered into a wire. I make my anodes out of cement silver.

That way if they drop into the cell, no worries. Its just refining the silver i already wanted to refine.

CC1EF764-9E1B-4CA7-AB92-DFD26E4AE41B.jpeg

F045B21A-26A3-44E0-B392-90ECA3FB7E6F.jpeg

Yes definitely expect small crystals as ams said. After a few days they should beef up. The power supply your using is basically the same as mine, it should work with no issues.

Looks like your getting it sorted out. That’s great.

To help visualize the connections and anodes this is what i use..

Try to go 10 gauge. I have found even at low amps 14 gauge heads up and start to drop voltage at the cell.

You can pour a small bar with a piece of silver hammered into a wire. I make my anodes out of cement silver.

That way if they drop into the cell, no worries. Its just refining the silver i already wanted to refine.

View attachment 48848

View attachment 48847
Exactly what I was typing about, thank you for having the pictures to show.

About the size of a hamburger patty, second harvest, not the best but I will take the advise and make better decisions and rig, First batch was 2.3 ozt, second is yet to be determined, I sill have fresh electrolyte and I'm confident the container holds more, I just don't have the time today and I leave for two weeks tomorrow.

Attachments

• First 2.3 ozt.jpg
    First 2.3 ozt.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Second.JPG
    Second.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Not bad, I look forward to seeing your future setup. Don't be too distracted thinking about it on your trip lol. Safe travels.

Thanks, I'm packing (sort of) while I'm writing this, I think I should concentrate on formulations for the process, I have started a spread sheet based on projected ounces possible to be reclaimed from my material source.

I tend to keep one by the bed usually. I lucid dream, so occasionally I have dreams that include fascinating pieces of equipment that I don't believe currently exist except in that notebook. My latest one, I have to rewrite/redraw, I had to put it on paper with a marker, the pen had dissapeared. It was certainly frustrating to recall what I could while the ink was just bleeding and being splotchy.

Attachments

• 16465202842207590887985783458772.jpg
    16465202842207590887985783458772.jpg
    862.4 KB · Views: 6
Very nice, I usually write or draw my ideas as well, I have put in motion a design that may be quite laughed at, but I am determined to see that project through, I have already ordered some of the components..

It's only funny to some, until it makes you a lot of money, or solves a major problem in the world. It only takes one. The follow through is the best part, and ordering stuff to build is great because it makes the dream or idea real.

I have other drawings of the other pieces that go along with the one I showed, for the rest of what I saw in the dream. It's going to take a while to figure out what it's really meant for. The overall idea that I've figured out at this point, is that it's meant to replace actual physical labor involved with the handling of molten metal in large scale foundry crucibles, including the crucible design itself.

There was a similar piece of equipment that I spent over a year of my life operating, that I think the dream idea was modeled after. However, although it was also an automatic press, unlike the dream, the die assembly was bolted to the press, and it used a double arm transfer system to move the parts in the molds.

But that's enough about that lol, I don't want to hijack your thread and stray from the topic of it. I look forward to seeing how you improve your setup, and the ideas you implement.

One of the things I found helpful in the process of the spreadsheet and setup, is regardless of the amount material available, you should run only the average you think you will always have available. This way you can run when you're having a problem with source material, and are running on reserves/stockpiles. It's better to keep your equipment constantly running/operating, than to start and stop a lot, or for the equipment to sit idle. When you're equipment is idle for certain periods of time, or you're constantly starting/stopping, that's when problems like to rear their head and appear.

No, don't worry about hijacking the thread, it's good to get ideas and talk, that's how some people are inspired..
Alright, if you're okay with it. I agree, with talking and getting ideas for inspiration. Are you going to let the silver nitrate just sit while your gone, or do a crystal tree grow?

I currently have it stored in jars; I hope it can be salvaged upon return, I would like to incorporate one of these into a stamping press, I have a few friends that can assist, it's just a matter of time and some $$, it's a rather easy design, it's the PSI and bore diameter / stroke that will take some math, the first diagram ( cylinder) is just for looks and is nowhere near what is needed, I have already commissioned a die and it will be here in a few weeks time..

Attachments

• Diagram.png
    Diagram.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Diagram a.png
    Diagram a.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Diagram b.png
    Diagram b.png
    394.9 KB · Views: 5
I am trying to dry the silver crystals and bottle them up before I go tomorrow, I would like to know the ozt weight and look forward to the results

Attachments

• Drying 1.jpg
    Drying 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • Drying 1a.png
    Drying 1a.png
    734.1 KB · Views: 1
In time, many, many months or a year from now, the die I have on order is meant for a press, I will tinker a bit with it, but for now I mainly hand stamp weights only, and I may add I'm not very precise at the straightness..

I have this in mind to start, there is a local steel company that has plenty of material for upgrading

Attachments

• 20 ton 1.jpg
    20 ton 1.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20 ton 2.jpg
    20 ton 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20 ton 2a.png
    20 ton 2a.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20 ton 3.jpg
    20 ton 3.jpg