sanyo mbc-1250 vintage PC

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue-oxen

I recently got a working Sanyo MBC-1250 vintage PC. I can find very little information on its value can anyone give me an idea so i know if i should scrap it or sell it as a whole unit?

I have no idea, I've never heard about it before.

I'll hear around and see if I find out something.

Which generation is it from? 8086, -286, -386 or younger?

/Göran

g_axelsson said:
I have no idea, I've never heard about it before.

I'll hear around and see if I find out something.

Which generation is it from? 8086, -286, -386 or younger?

/Göran

Younger its a cp/m They where made in 1982 and when they where new cost about $3000 which is a little over $6000 with inflation.

This site has all the specs for the pc along with a picture

http://www.qsl.net/k6fv/mbc1250.html

they are asking $1295 for it but this is the only place i can find selling one. That price seams very hi to me.

From the link that you gave, it was put an the market as a competitor to the IBM XT computer. It uses the original DOS operating system and you probably won't find many p eople that even know how to operate it. I would guess that its value is greater to a collector than its scrap value. Even if you can't get it to work, I'm pertty sure that the right person would give you more that what you could ever get by scrapping it out.

If it were mine, I would sit on it and see if I could find a collector willing to pay me for it. Its kind of like having a old model A out in the barn.

Good luck with your find!

My mistake... when you called it a PC I assumed it was an early IBM PC clone. I should know better! :oops:

That computer has a collectors value higher than any gold content. I would guess that it could get you between 100 to 500 dollar if you find a buyer.

If I were you I would register on the vintage computer marketplace and put it up for sale there. It's free and will only cost you the work listing it.
http://marketplace.vintage-computer.com/

/Göran

Back