Schneider PLC refining for Gold 700 cards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjmengelhard

Hello I am new here and could use some help in deciding what to do with my 700 Schneider PLC cards. PLC are programmable logic controller cards used in automation and quantum computers. All the cards I have are obsolete and there is a very small market to sell them on ebay. It would take me the rest of my life. I have been told by a few people there is a decent amount of gold in each card since retail price when new is 1-7k per card. They are worth no where around that now since most are obsolete and Schneider stopped making most the ones I have 5-10 years ago. My question is has anyone ever refined a PLC card for the gold content? If so how much gold did you get out of each card and is it even worth it? If there is half a gram in each card that 350 grams of gold so over 10oz. If there's a gram in each thats 700 grams and over 20oz of gold. I am trying to decide if I should try this or just sell them all in bulk to a company that buy surplus PLC since a lot of business still use these and have to replace different PLC cards here and there. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I would find out how much gold silver platinum palladium and rhodium are in each card? Each card is around the size of a Nvidia 40 series GPU. Thanks for any help or any comments on what you would do or what you recommend for my situation. Have a nice weekend attached is a photo of just 2 of the 700 I have to give everyone a idea of what they are and what they look like. Thanks again GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg

The only way you are going to find out the value of each card is to spend some $$$ and get a professional assay done that checks each element that you are looking for. Whilst I've been involved with quite a few types of cards it would be pointless to "suggest" that you "may " get certain yields. 700 is likely enough to make that exercise worthwhile however as always there's an element of risk.

How much does each card weigh? I do have an assay lab here in the UK that could do this at a very reasonable price indeed.

Latest posts

Back