Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this fellow.
I feel there should be a Hindi version of Mr. Hoke's book as this hobby is almost a religion to some folks.
If they can translate the bible into many languages, then this book deserves a similar respect.
cheers
Theseafox.

I like this fellow.
I feel there should be a Hindi version of Mr. Hoke's book as this hobby is almost a religion to some folks.
If they can translate the bible into many languages, then this book deserves a similar respect.
cheers
Theseafox.
Look below Thesafox it is so large it had to be split into two documents. Both together are screen readable in Hindi.

thank you sir and could you tell me how i recovery of Rh after gold and silver then pd recovery ??
Read the book of C.M.Hoke and search the forum.

First though, why do you think you have Rh and Pd in solution?

What is your feedstock, ore, jewellery or something else?

I've been a lurker for a beat now, but this is my first post, as I really needed to comment and thank you for putting this together. Somehow I had only found the printer version previously and struggled through reading it on my phone, adjusting the zoom and centering every time I changed the page. This is sooooo much better and easier, especially jumping from chapter to chapter when referencing procedures. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and
    The Introduction is included in this version.

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book
Thank you all. It was my pleasure.

Dave
Is the hokes book on audio

I have never heard of an audio version.
There may be software that can do this?
Shortly after I had scanned the book, I had asked a friend who has a good clear voice to do an audio version.

He had agreed but never had the time to do it.

Also made several requests on having the book translated into other foreign languages popular on the forum - again no luck.

I believe there was a gold forum member who did an English to German translation, since he was asking for payment I don't think the translated copy gained much traction.

Ms Hoke's image was not included in the original publication, the image was sourced from one of the large library's in New York.

Frugalrefiner aka Dave has done a really nice job of reformatting the book a great service to all.

Her companion book, Testing Precious Metals was purchased with donations from forum members - lasersteve made the largest contribution.

When the OCR work was completed I had forwarded the hard copy to Steve.

From the contents of her companion book you'll learn howto make the reagents for testing or confirming that a metal is of a precious nature.

Attachments

• Testing Precious Metals C.M Hoke.pdf
    458.4 KB · Views: 4
About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book
Thank you for the time you spent on this. It does make a easy book to read in it's current format and a wealth of information.

Dave,

Good greetings to you sir. My name is Damian. New to the forum and new to refining. I just want to express my gratitude to all of everyone for this forum and you for this book, both are precious resources so thank you. I think I may have just found a community of like minded . For example, I've been researching pm recovery from scrap for almost ten years and have yet to do more than do small experiments with some acids(HCI,HNO3 and CH3COOH), H2O2, sterling and some gold plated pins, just to observe the reactions, at very small scales, so yeah. Kinda feel like this is the right place for me to be, kinda feel like I'm might be finally getting close to that moment where I actually start recovering and refining so thanks everyone.

Damian

Dave

Thank you Dave and all other contributors. I truly appreciate your help and effort.

Back