Should the solution containing silver sulfate be stored in a 316L stainless steel container?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conglioa

Hello everyone!
I come from Vietnam.
I am a new member with a few questions looking forward to your help.
I am currently building a gold and silver recovery system for the plant from copper-refined electrolytic anode sludge.
Guys, who have had experience working with this material can help me with the following few questions, I thank you for all the answers because everything is so new to me.
1. I chose to settle the anode sludge by the sulfated method, converted the silver in the sludge to Silver Sulfate, and reduced with copper. My question is if on a large scale can I choose the 361L Stainless Steel Silver Sulfate solution, will it have any effect on the silver reduction as well as the other metals in it.
2. The residue after silver recovery I do not know how to dispose of the gold, anyone who has experience in anode sludge treatment or similar can give me some advice.
Additional information is the volume of sludge I have about 50 tons, with the content of Silver = 2 -3%, Gold = 0.0086%
Thank you again and look forward to some advice for me.
My English is not good so I have to ask the help of Google to translate so I hope you understand.

Lino1406 said:
What reason to use stainless steel and not plastic containers (e.g. polypropylene, polyethylene)?

Hi, the reason is I have stainless steel equipment and containers on hand, and I want to keep the costs down as much as possible. In addition, my existing stainless steel tank is equipped with a shell heating system, the heating of the liquid when using silver is something I have to think about if using a plastic container.

Lino1406 said:
In this case I assume the stainless will be even more passivated with silver over time

I think I should have a few tests of silver sulfate solution with 316L stainless steel, to see how it works before officially putting it into use as a container.

Back