Signature lines.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palladium

I request an ad rate card several days back. In reference to not having my question answered i post in my signature line that i was now excepting questions about refining and posted my rates. It has come to my attention that the powers that be are now requesting i change my signature line because it is in conflict with forum rules. I think it's more about my signature line is more in conflict with making money for the powers that be. All about that dollar i see!

The only thing i can see about signature lines in the forum rules is this>>>

We do not allow links in your signature line or your post for the purpose of spamming the forum. Offering and soliciting precious metals-related services is acceptable provided it is not done in excess. FORUM RULES.

I think i am well within the forum rules if i'm not mistaken. There are NO LINKS in my signature line!
And... if the powers that be want to call it spam then by definition the whole signature line of every forum member is spam as a signature line appears under every post that a forum member has made or may make.

Are we making up new rules to fit an agenda as we go here? You can't play by the rules if the rules are not set in stone and can change at the whim.
I have never solicited money here on this forum in almost 15 years of it's exsistance. Then all the sudden this forum turned into a forum for the pourpose of generating revenue. All i'm doing is stressing a point. If it's all about making money around here am i as someone who has been here since day one and contribute endless hours of contributing to this forum all the sudden being told i also can't profit from my work while others who have bought this forum and now use it for revenue are allowed to profit off my said work and effort? Something seems off with that logic.

Am i wrong here? Just trying to figure this out.

All i'm doing is stressing a point. If it's all about making money around here am i as someone who has been here since day one and contribute endless hours of contributing to this forum all the sudden being told i also can't profit from my work
Nobody twists your arm to post. While it is true you have contributed a lot to this forum, you have also learned a lot from this forum. That is the payout for members. Nobody here, moderators included, get paid to participate.

while others who have bought this forum and now use it for revenue are allowed to profit off my said work and effort?
Well......... they did buy it. Buy being the operative word here. Noxx sold the forum because it had value and he cashed in his chips. The new owners have a right to operate it as a business.

While you are technically correct that there are no links in your signature line, you are listing a service with every post and using the PM system to engage in business. The same PM system provided free of charge to members by the capitalists that bought the forum.

I think you are over reaching Ralph. As a moderator I do respect your opinion and I believe you do help members. I would hate to see you take all of your marbles and go home, so please reconsider. But on this issue I would say I disagree. Besides if you left I would forget the image I have in my mind of you eating corn dogs and jumping up and down every time the Crimson Tide rolls over some Yankee team!

We'll have to agree to disagree. No content no profit driven motive. I'm just trying to figure out the new rules. My point was motive. I changed my sig. I got the answer i was looking for. Not from you guys of course. You're just following the rules also. I DO NOT use this pm system to engage in business. They can read every pm we send. I don't put my business, or clients out there like that. I can imagine the rules are being changed even as we speak. Just following the rules here!

I'm not going anywhere. I've made that clear regardless of who owns this forum. My allegiance is to the members, past, present, and future, not the establishment. As long as members need help.... That's what i'm here for. If the quote; New business owners don't want me in their establishment they can kindly call the police on me. I've been banned more times than Alex Jones!

P.S. Corn dogs suck!
Roll Tide!
:p

Last edited:
Back