Silvadene or Silver Sulfadiazine

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniperstraz

Hello folks!
I have got a bit of Silvadene or Silver Sulfadiazine. This is a medicated cream for use in burns. It is a paste. I am wondering if anyone has any experience trying to extract the silver from something like this or any tips on what I should try.
Thanks in advance.

Great stuff for burns!

The formula is C10H9AgN4O2S, so the silver is a minor component, and the bulk of the cream is the carrier, not the silver sulfadiazine. I think trying to recover the silver would cost more than the value of the silver.

I'd hang onto it in case of a future burn.

Dave

A 400 g tub of silver sulfadiazine costs $20 wholesale. I wager at least 80% of the cost of that is the tub and the labor to get it there.

Thanks for the advise guys. Let’s just say for the sake of argument that I had a large quantity of Silvadene and nothing else to do with it. Any thoughts on a way to extract the silver?

Sniperstraz said:
Thanks for the advise guys. Let’s just say for the sake of argument that I had a large quantity of Silvadene and nothing else to do with it. Any thoughts on a way to extract the silver?

Incinerate!

Göran

Hello folks!
I have got a bit of Silvadene or Silver Sulfadiazine. This is a medicated cream for use in burns. It is a paste. I am wondering if anyone has any experience trying to extract the silver from something like this or any tips on what I should try.
Thanks in advance.
You’re better off going to e-waste group on Facebook to get any answers you may seek about refining. This forum is a joke. When a simple question is asked then you get 1000 useless and ignorant replies. I tried for weeks to get answers to simple questions here and all I received was ignorance. The Facebook group actually helps a person do things step by step and that is a real friendly and respected group unlike this here

You’re better off going to e-waste group on Facebook to get any answers you may seek about refining. This forum is a joke. When a simple question is asked then you get 1000 useless and ignorant replies. I tried for weeks to get answers to simple questions here and all I received was ignorance. The Facebook group actually helps a person do things step by step and that is a real friendly and respected group unlike this here
If you think this forum is a joke why are you here ???
You are VERY welcome to not come back !!!!

If you think this forum is a joke why are you here ???
You are VERY welcome to not come back !!!!
I did leave I was looking something up on Google and it popped up so I put my last two cents in. Farewell to this forum and u

edited to remove profanity. Barthel732 is no longer a member. FrugalRefiner

Last edited by a moderator:
Back